Free RDC 6.0 won't install under Win2k Pro
Author Message
 Free RDC 6.0 won't install under Win2k Pro

Hi, folks...

I just upgraded my NT4 Workstation machine to Win2k Pro. When attempting to
install Crystal RDC 6.0 (the free distribution), the setup program
(crvbstp.exe) creates some registry entries, adds the 'Report Designer
Component' item to the uninstall list in Add/Remove progams, and then
indicates that it has completed the install. However, no files actually get
copied.

I assume this is a pathname issue. Anyone know a fix for this besides
copying each file individually from a NT4 machine and manually installing?

Thanks in advance,

Darrel

Sun, 14 Dec 2003 01:06:24 GMT
 Free RDC 6.0 won't install under Win2k Pro
You must use CR Developer Edition 8.0 (8.5).

Radovan

Quote:
> Hi, folks...

> I just upgraded my NT4 Workstation machine to Win2k Pro. When attempting
> install Crystal RDC 6.0 (the free distribution), the setup program
> (crvbstp.exe) creates some registry entries, adds the 'Report Designer
> Component' item to the uninstall list in Add/Remove progams, and then
> indicates that it has completed the install. However, no files actually
get
> copied.

> I assume this is a pathname issue. Anyone know a fix for this besides
> copying each file individually from a NT4 machine and manually installing?

> Thanks in advance,

> Darrel

Sun, 14 Dec 2003 12:38:00 GMT
 Free RDC 6.0 won't install under Win2k Pro
http://support.crystaldecisions.com/kbase/c2005205.asp?AJID=BC28B2544...
A9E6310AA1DF5A95

Quote:
> Hi, folks...

> I just upgraded my NT4 Workstation machine to Win2k Pro. When attempting
> install Crystal RDC 6.0 (the free distribution), the setup program
> (crvbstp.exe) creates some registry entries, adds the 'Report Designer
> Component' item to the uninstall list in Add/Remove progams, and then
> indicates that it has completed the install. However, no files actually
get
> copied.

> I assume this is a pathname issue. Anyone know a fix for this besides
> copying each file individually from a NT4 machine and manually installing?

> Thanks in advance,

> Darrel

Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:21:12 GMT

1. My Program won't install on another computer, have VB studio Pro

2. VB4 Pro Won't Install on NT 3.51

3. VB 6.0 Professional Edition won't install

4. MSINET.OCX *still* won't register, and now IE4 won't install

5. Installing RDC 6.0 on Windows 2000

6. Install Wizard doen't install ADOCE for Handheld Pro

7. Visual Studio Install/MSDN Help won't install

8. ADO CE SDK 1.0 won't install - says VB5 not installed

9. The Visual Basic 6.0 migration tool is not installed on this computer (VS.NET Pro)

10. Problems installing VisualStudio 6.0 Pro Edition

11. Problems Installing Visual Studio 6.0 Pro edition

12. I'm looking for VB 3 Pro's #8 install disk