Runtime Error 372
Author Message
 Runtime Error 372

Hi,
I'm using RDC VB6 (SP5), Access97 database, Crystal 8.5 developer.
I've done an app that works fine when installed on a clean machine -
however, when installing on a box with a crystal 7 app pre-installed, I'm
getting (Runtime Error 372 : Failed to load CRViewer from CRViewer.dll. Your
version
of CRViewer.dll may be outdated.)  when
running the 8.5 app, and Runtime Error 429 : Cannot create ActiveX component
when trying the crystal7 app. A search for crviewer.dll shows the 8.5
version in
windows\system as it should be. Someone had a similar problem in the crystal
decisions
support forum but it went unanswered.
when distributing, I'm including the following crystal files :

craxdrt.dll
Crpaig80.dll
crviewer.dll
crxf_pdf.dll
crxf_rtf.dll
msvcirt.dll
msvcp60.dll
P2smon.dll, P2irdao etc...
pgconv32.dll
sscsdk80.dll
+ various U2 export option dlls.

The same messages appear whether I include URLmon.dll or not.

anyone with any clues ? thanks..

Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:21:55 GMT
 Runtime Error 372
It's your classical DLL hell problem.

Find all copies of CRViewer.DLL. Go through each one to find its version. I
bet you will find a copy with version 7. You need to manually unregister
that DLL.

Reinsall your application again, and fingers crossed.

Quote:
> Hi,
> I'm using RDC VB6 (SP5), Access97 database, Crystal 8.5 developer.
> I've done an app that works fine when installed on a clean machine -
> however, when installing on a box with a crystal 7 app pre-installed, I'm
> getting (Runtime Error 372 : Failed to load CRViewer from CRViewer.dll.
Your
> version
> of CRViewer.dll may be outdated.)  when
> running the 8.5 app, and Runtime Error 429 : Cannot create ActiveX
component
> when trying the crystal7 app. A search for crviewer.dll shows the 8.5
> version in
> windows\system as it should be. Someone had a similar problem in the
crystal
> decisions
> support forum but it went unanswered.
> when distributing, I'm including the following crystal files :

> craxdrt.dll
> Crpaig80.dll
> crviewer.dll
> crxf_pdf.dll
> crxf_rtf.dll
> msvcirt.dll
> msvcp60.dll
> P2smon.dll, P2irdao etc...
> pgconv32.dll
> sscsdk80.dll
> + various U2 export option dlls.

> The same messages appear whether I include URLmon.dll or not.

> anyone with any clues ? thanks..

Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:15:13 GMT
 Runtime Error 372
thanks for that - after manually unregistering the backed-up version 7 dll,
the 8.5 app
worked fine, the old v7 app still bombed out, but worked fine with the 8.5
engine
after re-installing the 8.5 app.

but what now ? either execute a one-off regsvr32 batch file at the new
program startup,
hoping they run my new app beofre their old one, or find
some way of manually unregistering the old dll (wherever that night be) in
the
installer program (wise). This
is a Crystal Decisions problem, it shouldn't be mine - and I'm suprised they
haven't dealt with it already.
Has anyone had a similar thing with the new Crystal V9 ?

Quote:
> It's your classical DLL hell problem.

> Find all copies of CRViewer.DLL. Go through each one to find its version.
> bet you will find a copy with version 7. You need to manually unregister
> that DLL.

> Reinsall your application again, and fingers crossed.

> > Hi,
> > I'm using RDC VB6 (SP5), Access97 database, Crystal 8.5 developer.
> > I've done an app that works fine when installed on a clean machine -
> > however, when installing on a box with a crystal 7 app pre-installed,
I'm
> > getting (Runtime Error 372 : Failed to load CRViewer from CRViewer.dll.
> Your
> > version
> > of CRViewer.dll may be outdated.)  when
> > running the 8.5 app, and Runtime Error 429 : Cannot create ActiveX
> component
> > when trying the crystal7 app. A search for crviewer.dll shows the 8.5
> > version in
> > windows\system as it should be. Someone had a similar problem in the
> crystal
> > decisions
> > support forum but it went unanswered.
> > when distributing, I'm including the following crystal files :

> > craxdrt.dll
> > Crpaig80.dll
> > crviewer.dll
> > crxf_pdf.dll
> > crxf_rtf.dll
> > msvcirt.dll
> > msvcp60.dll
> > P2smon.dll, P2irdao etc...
> > pgconv32.dll
> > sscsdk80.dll
> > + various U2 export option dlls.

> > The same messages appear whether I include URLmon.dll or not.

> > anyone with any clues ? thanks..

Fri, 25 Feb 2005 18:17:33 GMT
 Runtime Error 372
this gets dafter - after reinstalling the old v7 app, the 8.5 app remains
intact but the v7 app bombs out again with application error in
oleaut32.dll -
following the unregister procedure again cures it.... jeez who the hell
writes these things...

Quote:
> thanks for that - after manually unregistering the backed-up version 7
dll,
> the 8.5 app
> worked fine, the old v7 app still bombed out, but worked fine with the 8.5
> engine
> after re-installing the 8.5 app.

> but what now ? either execute a one-off regsvr32 batch file at the new
> program startup,
> hoping they run my new app beofre their old one, or find
> some way of manually unregistering the old dll (wherever that night be) in
> the
> installer program (wise). This
> is a Crystal Decisions problem, it shouldn't be mine - and I'm suprised
they
> haven't dealt with it already.
> Has anyone had a similar thing with the new Crystal V9 ?

> > It's your classical DLL hell problem.

> > Find all copies of CRViewer.DLL. Go through each one to find its
version.
> > bet you will find a copy with version 7. You need to manually unregister
> > that DLL.

> > Reinsall your application again, and fingers crossed.

> > > Hi,
> > > I'm using RDC VB6 (SP5), Access97 database, Crystal 8.5 developer.
> > > I've done an app that works fine when installed on a clean machine -
> > > however, when installing on a box with a crystal 7 app pre-installed,
> I'm
> > > getting (Runtime Error 372 : Failed to load CRViewer from
CRViewer.dll.
> > Your
> > > version
> > > of CRViewer.dll may be outdated.)  when
> > > running the 8.5 app, and Runtime Error 429 : Cannot create ActiveX
> > component
> > > when trying the crystal7 app. A search for crviewer.dll shows the 8.5
> > > version in
> > > windows\system as it should be. Someone had a similar problem in the
> > crystal
> > > decisions
> > > support forum but it went unanswered.
> > > when distributing, I'm including the following crystal files :

> > > craxdrt.dll
> > > Crpaig80.dll
> > > crviewer.dll
> > > crxf_pdf.dll
> > > crxf_rtf.dll
> > > msvcirt.dll
> > > msvcp60.dll
> > > P2smon.dll, P2irdao etc...
> > > pgconv32.dll
> > > sscsdk80.dll
> > > + various U2 export option dlls.

> > > The same messages appear whether I include URLmon.dll or not.

> > > anyone with any clues ? thanks..

Fri, 25 Feb 2005 18:48:00 GMT
 Runtime Error 372
Welcome to the world of DLL Hell, and enjoy your stay.

Quote:
> this gets dafter - after reinstalling the old v7 app, the 8.5 app remains
> intact but the v7 app bombs out again with application error in
> oleaut32.dll -
> following the unregister procedure again cures it.... jeez who the hell
> writes these things...

> > thanks for that - after manually unregistering the backed-up version 7
> dll,
> > the 8.5 app
> > worked fine, the old v7 app still bombed out, but worked fine with the
8.5
> > engine
> > after re-installing the 8.5 app.

> > but what now ? either execute a one-off regsvr32 batch file at the new
> > program startup,
> > hoping they run my new app beofre their old one, or find
> > some way of manually unregistering the old dll (wherever that night be)
in
> > the
> > installer program (wise). This
> > is a Crystal Decisions problem, it shouldn't be mine - and I'm suprised
> they
> > haven't dealt with it already.
> > Has anyone had a similar thing with the new Crystal V9 ?

> > > It's your classical DLL hell problem.

> > > Find all copies of CRViewer.DLL. Go through each one to find its
> version.
> > > bet you will find a copy with version 7. You need to manually
unregister
> > > that DLL.

> > > Reinsall your application again, and fingers crossed.

> > I'm
> CRViewer.dll.
> > > Your
> > > component
> > > crystal

Fri, 25 Feb 2005 19:13:49 GMT
 Runtime Error 372
I had same problem. It turned out that I compiled our DLL on my
computer which has Crystal 8.5. The remote clients only had crystal
8.0 viewer technology.

I recompiled DLL on computer with Crystal 8 and all is working fine.

Quote:

> Welcome to the world of DLL Hell, and enjoy your stay.

> > this gets dafter - after reinstalling the old v7 app, the 8.5 app remains
> > intact but the v7 app bombs out again with application error in
> > oleaut32.dll -
> > following the unregister procedure again cures it.... jeez who the hell
> > writes these things...

> > > thanks for that - after manually unregistering the backed-up version 7
>  dll,
> > > the 8.5 app
> > > worked fine, the old v7 app still bombed out, but worked fine with the
>  8.5
> > > engine
> > > after re-installing the 8.5 app.

> > > but what now ? either execute a one-off regsvr32 batch file at the new
> > > program startup,
> > > hoping they run my new app beofre their old one, or find
> > > some way of manually unregistering the old dll (wherever that night be)
>  in
> > > the
> > > installer program (wise). This
> > > is a Crystal Decisions problem, it shouldn't be mine - and I'm suprised
>  they
> > > haven't dealt with it already.
> > > Has anyone had a similar thing with the new Crystal V9 ?

>  version.
>  unregister

>  pre-installed,
>  I'm
>  CRViewer.dll.
>  Your
>  component
>  8.5
>  crystal

Mon, 14 Mar 2005 03:01:55 GMT

1. Runtime error 372 failed to load

2. Runtime Error 372 - mscomctl.ocx help!

3. Runtime error 372 - SOLUTION

4. Runtime error 372

5. Runtime Error 372 - fail to load SSTAB32.OCX?

6. Runtime Error 372. Not on Deja. Help!!

7. Runtime Error 372. Not on Deja. Help!!

8. Runtime erroe 372 - Failed to load control

9. run-time error 372

10. Error '372' driving me insane

11. Error 372

12. Error 372