need to allow users to add text at run time
Author Message
 need to allow users to add text at run time

Hello,

I am writing a report in Crystal 8.5 that I need to allow users to enter 6
numbers to print on the report at run time. I do not need these numbers to
be saved or update the server I just need them to show up on the report

so if Joe Schmoe entered 56 then the report would print 56

any ideas on how to do this?

TIA for the help

Tue, 11 Oct 2005 03:26:20 GMT
 need to allow users to add text at run time
Hi Andrea,
    You could create a parameter field that will get the numbers from the
user and then insert that parameter field where you need it on the report.

Bob Holmes

Quote:
> Hello,

> I am writing a report in Crystal 8.5 that I need to allow users to enter 6
> numbers to print on the report at run time. I do not need these numbers to
> be saved or update the server I just need them to show up on the report

> so if Joe Schmoe entered 56 then the report would print 56

> any ideas on how to do this?

> TIA for the help

Tue, 11 Oct 2005 04:08:03 GMT
 need to allow users to add text at run time
Hi Bob,

I thought that this was possible but I feel like a blockhead right now. When
I create the parameter, is there anything extra that I need to do or do I
just make a {*filter*} parameter?

Thanks a lot for the help

Quote:
> Hi Andrea,
>     You could create a parameter field that will get the numbers from the
> user and then insert that parameter field where you need it on the report.

> Bob Holmes

> > Hello,

> > I am writing a report in Crystal 8.5 that I need to allow users to enter
6
> > numbers to print on the report at run time. I do not need these numbers
> > be saved or update the server I just need them to show up on the report

> > so if Joe Schmoe entered 56 then the report would print 56

> > any ideas on how to do this?

> > TIA for the help

Tue, 11 Oct 2005 04:41:04 GMT
 need to allow users to add text at run time
Hi Andrea,
    All you have to do is to create the parameter and then place it on the
report where you would like the text displayed.  Once you put this field on
the report, you can format it as you like:  bold, italics, underline, etc.
If it is a number, you can format it so that it shows no decimals, no
thousands separator, etc.  Let us know if you need any help with the
formatting.

Bob Holmes

Quote:
> Hi Bob,

> I thought that this was possible but I feel like a blockhead right now.
When
> I create the parameter, is there anything extra that I need to do or do I
> just make a {*filter*} parameter?

> Thanks a lot for the help

> > Hi Andrea,
> >     You could create a parameter field that will get the numbers from
the
> > user and then insert that parameter field where you need it on the
report.

> > Bob Holmes

> > > Hello,

> > > I am writing a report in Crystal 8.5 that I need to allow users to
enter
> 6
> > > numbers to print on the report at run time. I do not need these
numbers
> > > be saved or update the server I just need them to show up on the
report

> > > so if Joe Schmoe entered 56 then the report would print 56

> > > any ideas on how to do this?

> > > TIA for the help

Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:42:45 GMT
 need to allow users to add text at run time
Dear Andrea,

I propose create a blank formula field and name it "myFormula" and put it
anywhere in the report.

Then through VB, pass the value to this formula field with the following
syntax.

CrystalReport1.FormulaFields(0)="myFormula=" & Text1.Text

Best Regards,

Luqman

Quote:
> Hello,

> I am writing a report in Crystal 8.5 that I need to allow users to enter 6
> numbers to print on the report at run time. I do not need these numbers to
> be saved or update the server I just need them to show up on the report

> so if Joe Schmoe entered 56 then the report would print 56

> any ideas on how to do this?

> TIA for the help

Thu, 13 Oct 2005 22:07:58 GMT

1. Allowing the user to re-size a control at run time

2. Allowing the user to re-size a control at run time

3. HELP: Need method to allow program to open and run automatically at a set time

4. add user to workgroup in run time

5. HELP: Adding text boxes during run time

6. Allowing only one user to use the template at a time --

7. Allowing the user to add a DataGrid row?

8. Don't allow two users to work on same record at same time

9. Allowing the user to change the resolution in a game in real-time

10. Allow a Macro to only run a few times like shareware

11. Adding a Form to a VB Add-In at Run time

12. Only One MDI Form allowed - run-time error 426