Printing to dot matrix printer
Author Message
 Printing to dot matrix printer

Hi,

How do I make my Crystal Report to be printed as "draft" in a dot matrix
printer ?
There is no special image, font (bold/underline) in the report. The use is
complaining
the printing is extremely slow especially when they're printing in bulk.

I've checked Seagate Crystal Report support webpage and it says for faster
printing
some special codes/command need to be send to the printer. But I'm not using
Printer.Print command to print my report. I'm using MyReport.Action = 1

In the report, is there any properties for setting to be printed as purely
text ?

Thu, 22 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing to dot matrix printer

Quote:
> Hi,

> How do I make my crystal report to be printed as "draft" in a dot matrix
> printer ?

   Use a native printer font when designing the report.

   And if the report need to be printed in more than one model/type of
printer you need to change the font in the report when
printing. I think there are some functions to do this in the crystal reports
API.

greetings,
Juan Jos Rodrguez

Thu, 22 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing to dot matrix printer
Thanks for your advice.
Can someone give me an example on how to use such API.
I'm really in need of such code cause my users are screaming at me for slow
printing :(

Quote:

>> Hi,

>> How do I make my crystal report to be printed as "draft" in a dot matrix
>> printer ?
>   Use a native printer font when designing the report.

>   And if the report need to be printed in more than one model/type of
>printer you need to change the font in the report when
>printing. I think there are some functions to do this in the crystal
reports
>API.

>greetings,
>Juan Jos Rodrguez

Thu, 22 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing to dot matrix printer
I use the printer Generic Ibm Graphics 9 Pin Wide and the font utility 17.1
cpi or 10 cpi and
this work fine and fast (on printer that support the font utility like Oki,
Epson, etc).

Bye. Paolo

Fri, 23 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing to dot matrix printer
what font should i use for Epson DFX-5000 ?
currently i'm setting the font as Courier New 10 in my report.
Quote:

>I use the printer Generic Ibm Graphics 9 Pin Wide and the font utility 17.1
>cpi or 10 cpi and
>this work fine and fast (on printer that support the font utility like Oki,
>Epson, etc).

>Bye. Paolo

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing to dot-matrix printer...help!

2. Slow Printing in Dot Matrix Printer

3. CR6 + VB6 Printing at dot matrix printers

4. Printing to dot matrix printers...

5. Printing on Dot matrix printer

6. VB -Printing to Dot Matrix Printer in Text Mode

7. Printing a fixed width text file to dot matrix printer

8. how to print reports at dot matrix printer?

9. Printing in text mode to dot matrix printer

10. * How do I control printing to a Dot Matrix Printer

11. * How do I control printing to a Dot Matrix Printer

12. printing speed in Dot Matrix printer vary slow