Database Path
Author Message
 Database Path

Hello,

    I am using the Crystal Reports Designer Component in VB6.  I can run
reports on my machine but when I put the .exe on another machine I get an
error because it is looking for the path on my machine.  How do I point the
reports to the database on the users machine?  There is one option to use
"Same as Database" but it is greyed out.  I would appreciate any help you
could give.

Thanks,

Justin C Henry
KPMG LLP.

Fri, 19 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Database Path
You need to set the path in your VB code.  If you are using the VB control
you would put Report1.DataFiles(0) = App.Path & "\" & "-yourdbname.mdb"  if
your db resided in the same directory as your app.
Quote:

>Hello,

>    I am using the Crystal Reports Designer Component in VB6.  I can run
>reports on my machine but when I put the .exe on another machine I get an
>error because it is looking for the path on my machine.  How do I point the
>reports to the database on the users machine?  There is one option to use
>"Same as Database" but it is greyed out.  I would appreciate any help you
>could give.

>Thanks,

>Justin C Henry
>KPMG LLP.

Mon, 22 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. current database path

2. Retrieving Full Database Path Name

3. Existing Database Path

4. VBA: retrieving open databases path?

5. Current database path name

6. Access Database Path

7. How to change database path during setup?

8. 2 Questions: Closing a Form and Data Environment database paths

9. DB Controls and Database Path

10. Database Path

11. database path

12. Accessing Database path via Registry