Crystal: duplicate data in table need to filter with record selection not suppress field
Author Message
 Crystal: duplicate data in table need to filter with record selection not suppress field

Using crystal I am trying to pull data from Access.  I am trying to
pull all active individuals froma particular area. Using following
record selection to pull people from the db:

{DEPARTM.DEPT_ID} = {?dept id}

This pulls the appropriate people but there is duplicate data in the
end date field of the DB so duplicate records.  Need to suppress the
dup records in CR. Now the kicker, each record is a group in this
report as later I am having to supply more data via sub reports for
each person.

Thanks
Any help appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 01 Jul 2003 05:16:52 GMT
 Crystal: duplicate data in table need to filter with record selection not suppress field
Hi,

The RecordSelection formula cannot remove duplicates.  To do this
properly in a formula, you need to use the Previous and Next functions
which do not work in the RecordSelection formula.  Depending on how you
are getting the data, what I've done in the past is to have the database
do the filtering for you, in a Stored Procedure or query of some sort.
You can then use the Stored Procedure in the report instead of the tables.

The only other way would be to suppress the duplicate groups with a
formatting formula.

--
Sincerely,
Brian Dong

To reply, remove nospam from the address.

Quote:

> Using crystal I am trying to pull data from Access.  I am trying to
> pull all active individuals froma particular area. Using following
> record selection to pull people from the db:

> {DEPARTM.DEPT_ID} = {?dept id}

> This pulls the appropriate people but there is duplicate data in the
> end date field of the DB so duplicate records.  Need to suppress the
> dup records in CR. Now the kicker, each record is a group in this
> report as later I am having to supply more data via sub reports for
> each person.

> Thanks
> Any help appreciated.

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Tue, 01 Jul 2003 10:12:20 GMT
 Crystal: duplicate data in table need to filter with record selection not suppress field
If you have multiple end dates, which one would you choose?

You might be able to sort by end date, but to suppress/ignore the
intermediate detail sections.

Quote:
> Hi,

> The RecordSelection formula cannot remove duplicates.  To do this
> properly in a formula, you need to use the Previous and Next functions
> which do not work in the RecordSelection formula.  Depending on how you
> are getting the data, what I've done in the past is to have the database
> do the filtering for you, in a Stored Procedure or query of some sort.
> You can then use the Stored Procedure in the report instead of the tables.

> The only other way would be to suppress the duplicate groups with a
> formatting formula.

> --
> Sincerely,
> Brian Dong

> To reply, remove nospam from the address.

> > Using crystal I am trying to pull data from Access.  I am trying to
> > pull all active individuals froma particular area. Using following
> > record selection to pull people from the db:

> > {DEPARTM.DEPT_ID} = {?dept id}

> > This pulls the appropriate people but there is duplicate data in the
> > end date field of the DB so duplicate records.  Need to suppress the
> > dup records in CR. Now the kicker, each record is a group in this
> > report as later I am having to supply more data via sub reports for
> > each person.

> > Thanks
> > Any help appreciated.

> > Sent via Deja.com
> > http://www.deja.com/

Wed, 02 Jul 2003 08:56:23 GMT
 Crystal: duplicate data in table need to filter with record selection not suppress field
Previous and NExt will work in the GROUP selection formula - jsut be careful
about your totals.

Or you could try conditional suppress on your section using Previous and
Next.

Quote:
> Hi,

> The RecordSelection formula cannot remove duplicates.  To do this
> properly in a formula, you need to use the Previous and Next functions
> which do not work in the RecordSelection formula.  Depending on how you
> are getting the data, what I've done in the past is to have the database
> do the filtering for you, in a Stored Procedure or query of some sort.
> You can then use the Stored Procedure in the report instead of the tables.

> The only other way would be to suppress the duplicate groups with a
> formatting formula.

> --
> Sincerely,
> Brian Dong

> To reply, remove nospam from the address.

> > Using crystal I am trying to pull data from Access.  I am trying to
> > pull all active individuals froma particular area. Using following
> > record selection to pull people from the db:

> > {DEPARTM.DEPT_ID} = {?dept id}

> > This pulls the appropriate people but there is duplicate data in the
> > end date field of the DB so duplicate records.  Need to suppress the
> > dup records in CR. Now the kicker, each record is a group in this
> > report as later I am having to supply more data via sub reports for
> > each person.

> > Thanks
> > Any help appreciated.

> > Sent via Deja.com
> > http://www.deja.com/

Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:11:14 GMT

1. avoid duplicate record when import data from Excel to Access table

2. Record Selection Formula. Crystal guru needed

3. SQLQuery in Crystal Report 4.6 : NOT FILTERING DATA (HELP)

4. Need Help Filtering data with VB 6.0 and Crystal 7.0

5. I am getting duplicate records, I mean everything is duplicate even Access record number

6. need something like foreach record in table - add record to another table

7. Filtering Duplicate data

8. DTPicker does not allow Filter By Selection in access 2002

9. moving almost duplicate records to a different table

10. Checking if a record is duplicated before adding or during adding it to a table

11. Duplicate records to new Table

12. Deleting Duplicate Records in a Table?