XML parsing. Is it possible?
Author Message
 XML parsing. Is it possible?

I tried this question once before but there was no response, but has anyone
managed to parse XML to a report at runtime?

I have made a report that displays an XML file's data. I now want to open
the report in VB and to parse in an XML string or stream as I'm working with
live data.

Finally, I want to display the report on the web using ASP. The user must be
able to control printing as these are pre printed forms.

Does anyone know how to parse in the XML to the report?

Thanks in advance - Dave Barkshire

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 07:01:46 GMT
 XML parsing. Is it possible?
I gave up myself in attempting this with version 8.5 and it's klugy XML ODBC
drivers.  It works nicely in Crystal Reports .NET though.  You just set your
report to run off of a .NET DataSet.  Then you can load the DataSet with XML
at runtime and hand it off to the report via the report's SetDataSource()
method.

Personally, I was somewhat disappointed in the CR 8.5 XML offering.  We
purchased it with the hope of being able to plug it into our app's XML-based
middle-tier but it just wasn't flexible enough to do it.  Again, the .NET
version seems much better in this respect.

I hope this helps.
Bobby

Robert Chaplin
Chaplin Consulting

http://www.chaplinconsulting.com
303-489-5989 cell
303-346-4448 office
303-346-4449 fax

Quote:
> I tried this question once before but there was no response, but has
anyone
> managed to parse XML to a report at runtime?

> I have made a report that displays an XML file's data. I now want to open
> the report in VB and to parse in an XML string or stream as I'm working
with
> live data.

> Finally, I want to display the report on the web using ASP. The user must
be
> able to control printing as these are pre printed forms.

> Does anyone know how to parse in the XML to the report?

> Thanks in advance - Dave Barkshire

Sun, 17 Oct 2004 08:06:46 GMT

1. Is it Possible to Parse an XML file using VB

2. Parsing XML from an ASP page that Creates XML fails

3. XML Parse

4. How to parse XML from a VBA macro

5. Starting external application from Word/Parsing XML

6. XML parsing in .net

7. how to parse wml (xml) files

8. XML Parse

9. vb.net newbie needs help with basic XML parsing

10. Parse RSS XML files (news feeds)

11. Reading/parsing an XML file into VB.

12. vb library/procedure for parsing html/xml/sgml like files