Crystal Reports from ASP.NET without compiling VB.NET on SQL/ADO changes
Author Message
 Crystal Reports from ASP.NET without compiling VB.NET on SQL/ADO changes

I have a simple web application that dynamically scrapes data off a
web sites, then passes it to a Crystal Report (with ADO) and reports
it on the web. The ADO and SQL logic is inside compile asp.net.vb.

The crystalviewer tag is in the asp.net

Is it possible to move all of the SQL and ADO code for this
application from asp.net.vb to asp.net so that it does not need to be
compiled every time a change is made?

Does anybody have a simple asp.net code example that passes data to a
crystal report from asp.net.

I've been unable to find this - many thanks for *ANY* information!!!

Jason

Sun, 12 Jun 2005 00:52:40 GMT
 Crystal Reports from ASP.NET without compiling VB.NET on SQL/ADO changes
update on this...

I was able to get a crystal report to display display itself and ado
data from asp.net, However only from a vb.net project directory where
"a" crystal report had been pulled in. I'm not sure what in the
directory (apparently not the dll's in the /bin) that makes it
possible.

Also, I was unable to get data to a report written in crystal 8.5
report where the data source is a .TTX file.  I am only able to report
ADO data if the was written in crystal.net, and the data source is a
project dataset that was created in visual studio.net.

My Question... Has *anybody* ever written a crystal report v 8.5, and
used *only* asp.net to push data to it with ADO  - without using
Visual Studio and
 compiling Visual Basic.Net ?

Here's the code in question:

=====code start

Assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=9.1.3300.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" %>

...ado stuff to populate ds

Dim cr As ReportDocument
cr = New ReportDocument()
cr.Load("D:\jcp\aspx\LOTTO.RPT")
cr.setDataSource(ds)
CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = cr

=====code end ====

I noticed if i take the aspx code out of the project directory It
complains that ReportDocument is not defined. and putting the project
dll the other directories /bin does not help.

Thank you
Jason.

Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:23:37 GMT

1. Web Reports (ASP.NET and Crystal Reports for .Net)

2. Crystal Reports 8.5 (VB6) to Crystal Reports NET (VB.NET) conversion

3. ADO.NET with ASP.NET using VB.NET

4. crystal.net report from asp.net created (temporary) table

5. problem with crystal report for .net in asp.net

6. Transferring data through internet in VB.net without using ASP.Net

7. VB.net and crystal reports.net Multiple reports

8. Change to ASP.NET and VB.NET

9. Change to ASP.NET and VB.NET

10. Crystal Rpts and VB.NET/ASP.NET App ?

11. ASP.net VB.Net Stored Procedures in SQL Server

12. ADO.Net to fetch ActiveDirectory this function bugs in Asp.net but works in Vb.n