ActiveX Control Failure
Author Message
 ActiveX Control Failure

I have a production installation of CR8.5.  Many users have been using the
activex viewer flawlessly.  Yesterday, one new user could not download the
viewer.  I ran through EVERY troubleshooting resolution listed on the docs
supplied by Crystal (23 page doc called "Troubleshooting the Installation of
the ActiveX Viewer"; and others!).  None have worked.  I tried forcing the
issue by manually registering the files (step 11 in the doc).  That failed.
CRVIEWER.DLL will not register on the workstation.  This user wants to not
only use the reports from our intranet but would like to view some reports
via a web site for our pharmacy card provider (why they would ever use
Crystal for public web viewing is way beyond me!  PDF's are really the best
way to go with that....that is another thread).  She is stuck.  I am
fustrated.

Has anyone actually fixed this problem?  Not just talked about it or pointed
users to documents on the Crystal website.  I really could use some serious
direction here.  Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

Tue, 09 Aug 2005 22:56:37 GMT
 ActiveX Control Failure
Are there any error messages?  What browser is the user using?
Quote:

> I have a production installation of CR8.5.  Many users have been using the
> activex viewer flawlessly.  Yesterday, one new user could not download the
> viewer.  I ran through EVERY troubleshooting resolution listed on the docs
> supplied by Crystal (23 page doc called "Troubleshooting the Installation of
> the ActiveX Viewer"; and others!).  None have worked.  I tried forcing the
> issue by manually registering the files (step 11 in the doc).  That failed.
> CRVIEWER.DLL will not register on the workstation.  This user wants to not
> only use the reports from our intranet but would like to view some reports
> via a web site for our pharmacy card provider (why they would ever use
> Crystal for public web viewing is way beyond me!  PDF's are really the best
> way to go with that....that is another thread).  She is stuck.  I am
> fustrated.

> Has anyone actually fixed this problem?  Not just talked about it or pointed
> users to documents on the Crystal website.  I really could use some serious
> direction here.  Your help would be much appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Bill

Wed, 10 Aug 2005 05:32:13 GMT
 ActiveX Control Failure
Bill, maybe you haven't been able to register the dll 'cause there may be
some other unregistered.

Take a look at the Runtimes.hlp file within your CR Folder and you will see
the entire set of files needed.

Hope this helps.

--
Saludos.
Edgar Contreras

(Gua de netiquette del foro)
http://perso.wanadoo.es/rubenvigon/foro

"La informacion es presentada como es y sin garantia alguna"

Quote:
> I have a production installation of CR8.5.  Many users have been using the
> activex viewer flawlessly.  Yesterday, one new user could not download the
> viewer.  I ran through EVERY troubleshooting resolution listed on the docs
> supplied by Crystal (23 page doc called "Troubleshooting the Installation
of
> the ActiveX Viewer"; and others!).  None have worked.  I tried forcing the
> issue by manually registering the files (step 11 in the doc).  That
failed.
> CRVIEWER.DLL will not register on the workstation.  This user wants to not
> only use the reports from our intranet but would like to view some reports
> via a web site for our pharmacy card provider (why they would ever use
> Crystal for public web viewing is way beyond me!  PDF's are really the
best
> way to go with that....that is another thread).  She is stuck.  I am
> fustrated.

> Has anyone actually fixed this problem?  Not just talked about it or
pointed
> users to documents on the Crystal website.  I really could use some
serious
> direction here.  Your help would be much appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Bill

Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:24:48 GMT

1. Error 800c0300 ActiveX control failure

2. ActiveX exe failures [long]

3. ActiveX document(VBD) download success and failure

4. ActiveX document(VBD) download success and failure

5. ActiveX document(VBD) download success and failure

6. ActiveX Control Container for VBCCE5 ActiveX Controls!?

7. ActiveX.exe or ActiveX DLL or ActiveX Control?????????????

8. Problem in VBA with ActiveX control that contains another ActiveX control

9. Hosting a WebBrowser Control Inside ActiveX Document or ActiveX Control to be Ho

10. ActiveX control within ActiveX control Licencing Error 429

11. Embedding licensed ActiveX Controls within a VB ActiveX Control

12. W2K Doesn't Load ActiveX Control But W98 and WXP Do Load ActiveX Control Correctly