CR 8.5 Simply Display a report
Author Message
 CR 8.5 Simply Display a report

I am using the activeX control for CR 8.5. All our reports are created using
a DSN connection for the structure, but are run through the application by
passing an ADO recordset with something like:
crpReport.Database.SetDataSource rs

I want to allow users to create their own reports but be able to display
them through my application. Basically what I want is, given a path to the
.rpt file, to display the result of 'Previewing' a report in the Crystal
environment. I don't need to worry about formulas, filtering, etc... just
want to display it. Is there a simple way to do this? I know how to look
through the tables collection and make a recordset using SELECT * FROM
{tableName}, but I think this will only work for reports created how we
create them, and definitely only for reports accessing just our
application's database.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Josh

Tue, 15 Nov 2005 06:15:35 GMT

1. CR 8.5 - Displaying first report detail while supressing the rest

2. CR 8.5 - Switching from portrait in a report to landscape in a sub-report

3. using VB variables in CR 8.5 to change the data displayed

4. can't print report (cr 8.5 / vb 6)

5. How send a report in CR 8.5 /VB 6 with PDF attachment

6. Book for web reports (CR 8.5)

7. CR - 8.5 Report template

8. CR - 8.5 Report settings

9. Logging into Main Report and Subreports in CR 8.5

10. CR 8.5 Calendar Report

11. CR 8.5 and a periodic report 1999 / 2000 / 2001 sales columns

12. CR 8.5 and CR from VS.Net package