Print Dialogue In CR Viewer
Author Message
 Print Dialogue In CR Viewer

Hi All,

I have a VB app that displays CR reports no problem.  However, when the
'print' button is clicked it brings the CR print dialogue up (as you would
expect).  Is there a way to change this behaviour such that is shows the
standard windows print dialogue and therefore gives the user the option as
to which printer they print too.

I think I may have asked this before and received an answer something to do
with the OnPrintClick event of the CR Viewer, but stupidly I never noted it
down and now it is lost forever ;-(

Any help appreciated

Regards

Steve

Thu, 21 Apr 2005 00:48:41 GMT
 Print Dialogue In CR Viewer
Call PrinterSetup method on the report object in the onclick event handler
of PrintButton.

Quote:
> Hi All,

> I have a VB app that displays CR reports no problem.  However, when the
> 'print' button is clicked it brings the CR print dialogue up (as you would
> expect).  Is there a way to change this behaviour such that is shows the
> standard windows print dialogue and therefore gives the user the option as
> to which printer they print too.

> I think I may have asked this before and received an answer something to
do
> with the OnPrintClick event of the CR Viewer, but stupidly I never noted
it
> down and now it is lost forever ;-(

> Any help appreciated

> Regards

> Steve

Thu, 21 Apr 2005 06:31:53 GMT
 Print Dialogue In CR Viewer
Alternatively, you could create a custom Reports Viewer using Crystal
reports API under VB.

--
Regards

Mark Worsfold MCP

Quote:
> Hi All,

> I have a VB app that displays CR reports no problem.  However, when the
> 'print' button is clicked it brings the CR print dialogue up (as you would
> expect).  Is there a way to change this behaviour such that is shows the
> standard windows print dialogue and therefore gives the user the option as
> to which printer they print too.

> I think I may have asked this before and received an answer something to
do
> with the OnPrintClick event of the CR Viewer, but stupidly I never noted
it
> down and now it is lost forever ;-(

> Any help appreciated

> Regards

> Steve

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 08:40:08 GMT
 Print Dialogue In CR Viewer
<<>>

Quote:
> I think I may have asked this before and received an answer something to do
> with the OnPrintClick event of the CR Viewer, but stupidly I never noted it
> down and now it is lost forever ;-(

> Any help appreciated

For future reference...
You might be interested to know there is a searchable archive of newsgroups.
www.google.com
I use this whenever I hit a problem, then msdn or the crystal web site.

HTH

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:33:56 GMT

1. No data when I print from the viewer in CR.Net

2. How to Print Report Without Displaying in Viewer using CR/ASP

3. Disabling the Print icon in CR Viewer

4. Black Line Printing Reports From the ActiveX Smart Viewer (CR 6.0)

5. Print preview triggering the standard print dialogue

6. Print a report via crystal reports without print dialogue displaying

7. Print range from print dialogue box

8. Suppressing the Print Dialogue Box when printing in VB

9. Consuming CR Web Services with ActiveX Viewer

10. How do I display the treeview button on CR Viewer

11. CR Viewer Problem

12. CR.NET Web Viewer takes too long to display report