running total field
Author Message
 running total field

How to give a default value to a running total field, if the evaluation for
the running total field use a formula.

Example : I have a running total field which name is "claimnovember"
   And in "evaluate", I use a formula:Month ({claims.date})=11
   If there is no match condition, then the content of   my "claimnovember"
will be blank.
 And if I have a formula field which name is "total" and "total" is
claimnovember + claimdecember, then the "total" will be blank although the
"claimdecember" is not blank. (because the claimnovember is blank)
   How if I'd like to set default value in "claimnovember" to 0 (zero), so
my total will not blank anymore.

Thank you very much.

Sun, 09 May 2004 08:57:50 GMT
 running total field
A nuisance of Crystal...

Check for isnull with an if for each running total field as in

if isnull(claimnovember)
    then claimdecember
elseif isnull(claimdecember)
else
claimnovember + claimdecember

The alternative is to use formulas which evaluate nulls and use a summary of
that field.

If the problem is that you have null data in the records, you can set the
report oprions to convert nulls to default type.

Quote:
> How to give a default value to a running total field, if the evaluation
for
> the running total field use a formula.

> Example : I have a running total field which name is "claimnovember"
>    And in "evaluate", I use a formula:Month ({claims.date})=11
>    If there is no match condition, then the content of   my
"claimnovember"
> will be blank.
>  And if I have a formula field which name is "total" and "total" is
> claimnovember + claimdecember, then the "total" will be blank although the
> "claimdecember" is not blank. (because the claimnovember is blank)
>    How if I'd like to set default value in "claimnovember" to 0 (zero), so
> my total will not blank anymore.

> Thank you very much.

Sun, 09 May 2004 09:54:31 GMT

1. Running Total Field

2. Sorting on a running total field

3. Crystal report 7 variables in running Total field

4. variable or formular in Running Total fields

5. How Can I set a default value to a Running Total Field?

6. Running Totals in unbound field

7. Running Totals, accessing the database fields outside of the selection formula

8. Adding different sorted totals into a grand total field

9. Grand Total, Subtotal, Running Total

10. Grand Total, subtotal, running total

11. TOTAL (RUNNING TOTAL )

12. have total fields or not