Newby Q
Author Message
 Newby Q

I just started writing reports here at work and I bought myself a copy of
Crystal 9 to do this.  Everyone else here at work uses 8.5.  The other users
can not open and edit the reports that I create in 9.  Is there a way to
save my 9 reports as 8.5 or do I need to upgrade them/downgrade me?

Thanks

Jeff

Tue, 06 Dec 2005 21:43:46 GMT
 Newby Q
Hi Jeff,
    CR9 can open previous version reports, but not the other way around and
they have to be saved as version9.  CR9 cannot save to an older version
either.  CR8.5 had the ability to save as version 7, but this is not
available with CR9.  I think you are going to have to settle on one version.

Bob Holmes

Quote:
> I just started writing reports here at work and I bought myself a copy of
> Crystal 9 to do this.  Everyone else here at work uses 8.5.  The other
users
> can not open and edit the reports that I create in 9.  Is there a way to
> save my 9 reports as 8.5 or do I need to upgrade them/downgrade me?

> Thanks

> Jeff

Tue, 06 Dec 2005 22:20:18 GMT
 Newby Q
Thanks.

I was afraid you were going to say that.  Oh, well.  I guess I'll just have
to deal with that.

Quote:
> Hi Jeff,
>     CR9 can open previous version reports, but not the other way around
and
> they have to be saved as version9.  CR9 cannot save to an older version
> either.  CR8.5 had the ability to save as version 7, but this is not
> available with CR9.  I think you are going to have to settle on one
version.

> Bob Holmes

> > I just started writing reports here at work and I bought myself a copy
of
> > Crystal 9 to do this.  Everyone else here at work uses 8.5.  The other
> users
> > can not open and edit the reports that I create in 9.  Is there a way to
> > save my 9 reports as 8.5 or do I need to upgrade them/downgrade me?

> > Thanks

> > Jeff

Tue, 06 Dec 2005 22:27:51 GMT
 Newby Q
Hi All.

I have a Visual Basic 6 App which I would like to add reports to.  It
displays data in the same way as you Explore your Hard Drive.  i.e Folder -
Sub Folder- Sub Sub Folder- Sub Sub Sub Folder.

I have a limit of 15 Sub Folder levels deep so my report must have 15 nested
groups.

Is this possible using Crystal Reports - if so which version should I use.

I have tried using the VB report feature but it will not allow me to use
more than one group.

Many Thanks in advance..... Mark

Thu, 08 Dec 2005 02:44:46 GMT
 Newby Q
OOPs Sorry... Posted as reply - Not as New Post

Quote:
> Hi All.

> I have a Visual Basic 6 App which I would like to add reports to.  It
> displays data in the same way as you Explore your Hard Drive.  i.e
Folder -
> Sub Folder- Sub Sub Folder- Sub Sub Sub Folder.

> I have a limit of 15 Sub Folder levels deep so my report must have 15
nested
> groups.

> Is this possible using Crystal Reports - if so which version should I use.

> I have tried using the VB report feature but it will not allow me to use
> more than one group.

> Many Thanks in advance..... Mark

Thu, 08 Dec 2005 02:48:22 GMT
 Newby Q
Mark,
    Crystal Reports will do what you are suggesting.  Crystal Reports
version 9 is the latest, so that would be my recommendation.  You should
look at the "Developer" and the "Advanced" editions if you are planning on
incorporating CR into VB apps.

Bob Holmes

Quote:
> OOPs Sorry... Posted as reply - Not as New Post

> > Hi All.

> > I have a Visual Basic 6 App which I would like to add reports to.  It
> > displays data in the same way as you Explore your Hard Drive.  i.e
> Folder -
> > Sub Folder- Sub Sub Folder- Sub Sub Sub Folder.

> > I have a limit of 15 Sub Folder levels deep so my report must have 15
> nested
> > groups.

> > Is this possible using Crystal Reports - if so which version should I
use.

> > I have tried using the VB report feature but it will not allow me to use
> > more than one group.

> > Many Thanks in advance..... Mark

Fri, 09 Dec 2005 22:49:55 GMT

1. A97 Wizard Qs

2. Newbie Qs: Optimizing Stylesheet with Fields

3. Qs on applying style

4. Qs on applying style (word2000)

5. connect to robohelp qs

6. VERBATUM EXAM Qs 91947