Need Visual Basic IIS App. Example
Author Message
 Need Visual Basic IIS App. Example

Hello,
We have a VB IIS Application (Web Classes) and we want to integrate Crystal
Reports for web reporting.  I have developed the reports with version 8.5 using
data definition TTX files and tested them in a windows vb application.  I
generate sql recordsets based on user input from an html form, then pass the
recordset to the report.  This works fine in the widnows app.

I'm looking for an example of how to implement the same reports into a VB IIS app
for the web.  I can generate the sql from user input from web forms on html
pages, but I'm not sure how to put the report to the web.

I have looked at all the examples available through seagates web site, but they
are all direct asp development, not implemented through VB IIS app.

Any help / examples would be greatly appreciated.

Cliff

Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:32:44 GMT
 Need Visual Basic IIS App. Example
Cliff,

I've read good reviews on "Seagate Crystal Reports 8 - The Complete
Reference" by George Peck.  Apparently he gives a lot of web and VB
examples, so this may help you.  I ordered it from Amazon yesterday.

Bill

[...]

Fri, 14 Nov 2003 23:19:48 GMT
 Need Visual Basic IIS App. Example
Cliff,

Also, see some good web examples at:

http://www.chelseatech.co.nz/

[...]

Fri, 14 Nov 2003 23:33:05 GMT

1. Hook (Sending Message from a Visual C++ App To a Visual Basic App)

2. need some basic information on visual basic and visual c++

3. need some basic information on visual basic and visual c++

4. Opening Lotus Notes App from Visual Basic App?

5. Help with Visual Basic ActiveX DLL showing form within Visual C++ app

6. Help with Visual Basic ActiveX DLL showing form within Visual C++ ATL app

7. Visual Basic and IIS

8. Has anybody written an ISAPI for IIS in Visual Basic

9. Some IIS setup issues running Visual Studio 6 / VB6 (very basic question, apologies)

10. A Visual Basic Web Server (No PWS or IIS)

11. IIS 5 and Visual Basic 6

12. control IIS connection in Visual Basic