Crystal 8.5 - troubles with passing strings as stored procedure parameters
Author Message
 Crystal 8.5 - troubles with passing strings as stored procedure parameters

Hello,
Did someone succeed to pass string longer than 255 as a parameter to a
stored procedure, through Crystal ?

Sat, 26 Feb 2005 21:47:49 GMT
 Crystal 8.5 - troubles with passing strings as stored procedure parameters
You can't. CR doesn't not work with string longer than 255 characters.

You need to break up your string, and pass portions less than 255 characters
in. This may or may not be feasible in your case.

Quote:
> Hello,
> Did someone succeed to pass string longer than 255 as a parameter to a
> stored procedure, through Crystal ?

Sat, 26 Feb 2005 21:02:55 GMT
 Crystal 8.5 - troubles with passing strings as stored procedure parameters
I know there is a problem to send to a formulas in the report a string
longer then 255.
But I'm asking about stored procedure's parameter.
The stored procedure is attched to the report, and has a string parameter,
which is varchar(8000).

Crystal Report 6.5 opened the report with no problems, when the stored
procedure got string parameter longer then 255, but the crystal report 8.5,
from some reason crashed.

Hilla.

Quote:
> You can't. CR doesn't not work with string longer than 255 characters.

> You need to break up your string, and pass portions less than 255
characters
> in. This may or may not be feasible in your case.

> > Hello,
> > Did someone succeed to pass string longer than 255 as a parameter to a
> > stored procedure, through Crystal ?

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 17:04:57 GMT
 Crystal 8.5 - troubles with passing strings as stored procedure parameters
CR 6.5 can open the report, and that's because parameters are set in the
report itself. Now go and check to see if the parameter is longer than 255
characters? I bet you it is not. You will be able to run the report in CR 8
as well, so long you keep the parameter lenght less than 255 characters.

Quote:
> I know there is a problem to send to a formulas in the report a string
> longer then 255.
> But I'm asking about stored procedure's parameter.
> The stored procedure is attched to the report, and has a string parameter,
> which is varchar(8000).

> Crystal report 6.5 opened the report with no problems, when the stored
> procedure got string parameter longer then 255, but the crystal report
8.5,
> from some reason crashed.

> Hilla.

> > You can't. CR doesn't not work with string longer than 255 characters.

> > You need to break up your string, and pass portions less than 255
> characters
> > in. This may or may not be feasible in your case.

> > > Hello,
> > > Did someone succeed to pass string longer than 255 as a parameter to a
> > > stored procedure, through Crystal ?

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:47:44 GMT
 Crystal 8.5 - troubles with passing strings as stored procedure parameters
The parameter long is 2074 characters. works fine in CR6.5.

Quote:
> CR 6.5 can open the report, and that's because parameters are set in the
> report itself. Now go and check to see if the parameter is longer than 255
> characters? I bet you it is not. You will be able to run the report in CR
8
> as well, so long you keep the parameter lenght less than 255 characters.

> > I know there is a problem to send to a formulas in the report a string
> > longer then 255.
> > But I'm asking about stored procedure's parameter.
> > The stored procedure is attched to the report, and has a string
parameter,
> > which is varchar(8000).

> > Crystal report 6.5 opened the report with no problems, when the stored
> > procedure got string parameter longer then 255, but the crystal report
> 8.5,
> > from some reason crashed.

> > Hilla.

> > > You can't. CR doesn't not work with string longer than 255 characters.

> > > You need to break up your string, and pass portions less than 255
> > characters
> > > in. This may or may not be feasible in your case.

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:18:26 GMT

1. Stored procedure parameter with Crystal Report 8.5

2. Trouble passing parameters to a stored procedure in ADO

3. Parameter to Stored Procedure CR 8.5 VB.Net Specified Cast Not Valid

4. Crystal 8.5 web component server and stored procedures

5. Stored Procedures from VB with Crystal 8.5

6. Crystal Reports 8.5, SQL Server 2000, and Stored Procedures

7. Passing Parameters to Crystal Report 5.0 (Stored Procedure Query )

8. Problem with VB passing parameters to Crystal Report - Stored Procedure

9. Passing Stored Procedure Parameter by Crystal RDC 7

10. Passing Stored Procedure parameters via VB6 into Crystal Report (ver 8)

11. passing Parameter from Vb to Stored Procedure In crystal reports

12. Passing parameter from Crystal OCX to a report that uses a stored procedure