What is required for CR web server
Author Message
 What is required for CR web server

Hi there

I want to set up web server and enable to view and print  reports, with
Crystal Report ActiveX viewer.
My problem is that I don't  want to install CR on web server machine,
instead I want to put only neccessary
objects . WHAT are these object and WHERE they should be placed ???

Help me please - it is important to me
I am using CR 7.0 Win NT, IIS 4 ( and Win 2000 as well)

Pawel

Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:13:50 GMT
 What is required for CR web server

If IIS is running, the Crystal developer Installation program will allow you to
specify just the web components..( use Custom Install )
You can't just copy the objects, you need to have them installed so that the
registry, the IIS server and the DLLs are properly set up..
After installing, follow the instructions in the Web guide..
.

Quote:

>Hi there

>I want to set up web server and enable to view and print  reports, with
>Crystal Report ActiveX viewer.
>My problem is that I don't  want to install CR on web server machine,
>instead I want to put only neccessary
>objects . WHAT are these object and WHERE they should be placed ???

>Help me please - it is important to me
>I am using CR 7.0 Win NT, IIS 4 ( and Win 2000 as well)

>Pawel

Sun, 23 Nov 2003 22:59:18 GMT
 What is required for CR web server
I'd strongly recommend installing a full copy of CR on the web server.  When
a report doesn't work via a web page, it the only way to find out what is
wrong.  The first step is to see if the report can be run on the server, and
if not why not.  ODBC, invalid logins, etc.

Quote:

> If IIS is running, the Crystal developer Installation program will allow
you to
> specify just the web components..( use Custom Install )
> You can't just copy the objects, you need to have them installed so that
the
> registry, the IIS server and the DLLs are properly set up..
> After installing, follow the instructions in the Web guide..
> .

> >Hi there

> >I want to set up web server and enable to view and print  reports, with
> >Crystal Report ActiveX viewer.
> >My problem is that I don't  want to install CR on web server machine,
> >instead I want to put only neccessary
> >objects . WHAT are these object and WHERE they should be placed ???

> >Help me please - it is important to me
> >I am using CR 7.0 Win NT, IIS 4 ( and Win 2000 as well)

> >Pawel

Thu, 27 Nov 2003 08:22:54 GMT

1. Fehlermeldung :Web server requires an updated JSCRIPT.DLL.

2. CR 8: Parameterfields and Crystal Web Server

3. CR Automation Server vs CR ActiveX Controls ?

4. Help Required for creating CR at runtime in VB

5. Strange Problem Help Required CR doesn't show in 16bit VB app Running on NT

6. Uploading a file Web Page to the Web Server

7. Client connecting to web server via web

8. Client connecting to web server via web

9. Looking for Web Host running Crystal Web Server

10. ASP works on Personal Web Server, but not on remote server

11. Server side pages on Personal Web Server

12. VB Desktop Application Accessing SQL Server on Web Server