How to pass value from the subreport to main report
Author Message
 How to pass value from the subreport to main report

How to pass value from the subreport to main report?
For example I create shared variable in the formula of subreport.

Formula Company

In the main report
Formula Company
Shared StringVar Company

Then I displayed company, It doesnt show anything. Did I miss any coding?

Thanks. Sorry for my english

Mon, 05 Apr 2004 14:19:10 GMT
 How to pass value from the subreport to main report
Hi Kelly,
    It should work provided you have the formula in your main report in a
section that follows the section containing the subreport.  The subreport
has to be processed before the formula in the main report.

Bob Holmes

Quote:
> How to pass value from the subreport to main report?
> For example I create shared variable in the formula of subreport.

> Formula Company

> In the main report
> Formula Company
> Shared StringVar Company

> Then I displayed company, It doesnt show anything. Did I miss any coding?

> Thanks. Sorry for my english

Mon, 05 Apr 2004 19:41:19 GMT
 How to pass value from the subreport to main report
Make sure that the main report formula is in a section below the subreport

i.e   Group Footer 1a Subreport
      Group Footer 1b Formula

Quote:

>How to pass value from the subreport to main report?
>For example I create shared variable in the formula of subreport.

>Formula Company

>In the main report
>Formula Company
>Shared StringVar Company

>Then I displayed company, It doesnt show anything. Did I miss any coding?

>Thanks. Sorry for my english

Brian Darmanie

(613) 830-4129

Tue, 06 Apr 2004 04:47:04 GMT

1. Main report value<-pass/return->subReport values (ActiveX Designer Component 6.0)

2. Pass value field subreport to main report

3. Passing values from a subreport to the main report

4. Passing values from subreport to main report

5. Passing values from the sub report, onto the main report

6. Linking subreport to main report using multiple-value or range parameters

7. How to pass the shared variables from subreport to main report (urgent)

8. Passing Params or Vars from subreports to main reports

9. Passing Parameter from Main Report to 3 Subreports

10. Pass Sub-Report value to Main

11. filtering subreports based on main report fields

12. main report with subreport in columns