Error while registering CRAXDUI.DLL/CRVIEWER.DLL
Author Message
 Error while registering CRAXDUI.DLL/CRVIEWER.DLL

    I have created an application in Visual Basic 6.0 Enterprise Ed.
that uses Seagate Crystal Reports Report Designer Component 6.0. It
works well on my own computer and also when I install the application on
computers where VB 6.0 and Crystal Reports has already been installed.
But when I install my application on a computer with Windows NT 4.0 and
without Visual Basic I get the following error message:
An error occured while registering the file
C:\WINNT\system32\Craxdui.dll.
If I choose Ignore, the setup continues, but I also get the same message
about the file CRViewer.dll. If I also choose Ignore once more, the
application is installed and seems to work. I have tried to register
both DLL's afterwards using Regsvr32, but then I get the message:
DllRegisterServer in C:\WINNT\-- failed. Return Code 0x80004002.
In the Microsoft programming documentation I have read that this code
means Interface not supported.

I used the Package & Deployment Wizard to create the setup files. Can
anybody tell me how to solve this problem?

Hallgeir Ruud

Fri, 01 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to register craxdui.dll of Crystal Report 7.0

2. How to register craxdui.dll of Crystal Report 7.0

3. error installing Vb app with CRViewer.dll (won't register)

4. Error in registering CRviewer.dll

5. CRViewer.dll not registering

6. crviewer.dll won't register on the client

7. following file failed to self register - crviewer.dll with early versions of Win 95

8. Help with crviewer.dll and urlmon.dll dependencies

9. DLL DLL DLL DLL DLL DLL

10. Registering MFC42.DLL and MSVCRT.DLL

11. Registering DLLs: stkit416.dll vs. InstallShield 3.0

12. No dependencies for shdocvw.dll, setup fails to register shdocvw.dll