Report Variable problem
Author Message
 Report Variable problem

I have followed the "Report Variables" sample in the Visual Basic code
folder.  My report uses ADO to connect to a SQL Server through a DSN
connection.
If I select one table only, my report works fine passing a SQL statement.
In the Designer, the table is called "ado".  If I uses more than one table,
things get very weird, even if they are linked properly.  For example, with
two tables, if I select the "SerialNo" column on a report, the "ShipDate"
field might show up on the report instead.  What is up with that?!?

I have tried setting the location to the Database.dbo.table but then cannot
pass the SQLQuery from another area.  I've also tried changing the SQL Query
to "SELECT *" and then the two linked tables, also just selecting the
columns I want from the tables but nothing matters.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help,

Gary Comstock

Sat, 21 Feb 2004 02:39:18 GMT

1. Problem: Variable in Crystal Reports

2. Sharing Variables between Crystal Report and sub-report

3. passing variables from report to a sub report

4. Runtime error 91/Object variable or With block variable not set problems

5. Redirection Problem (VBScript variable to JavaScrip variable)

6. Problem compairing request variables to vbscript variables

7. NULL problems assigning to variables from SQL 7.0 database to variables

8. print variable, variable, variable etc

9. Crystal Reports ANd VB 6.0 Printing reports using CRPEAUTO Object, specifying paper orientation problem

10. Crystal Report -- Web Report Problem

11. Crystal Report Problem in reporting!!

12. A serious problem for reporting by data reporting