Changing ODBC source makes CR reports not usable from VB 6
Author Message
 Changing ODBC source makes CR reports not usable from VB 6

We are using CR 8.0, SQL Server 7.0, and VB 6.0 under Windows 2000. We
are also accessing Stored Procedures directly from CR via ODBC. A VB
program is used to process the report through ActiveX objects. This
works fine until a change is made in the ODBC source.
When changing the ODBC source (User ID or Password) you are prompted in
CR to verify this against the database. It seems to work fine in CR
itself, but when processing the report from VB the following message
appears:
"Server has not yet been opened"

A visible clue of the change is that the "User ID" is set in the "Set
Alias" dialog box and cannot be removed. The report can at this state
never be run from VB again. This means that a new report has to be
created from scratch.

If anyone has faced this or a similar problem we would appreciate a
reply

Regards
Conny Pettersson

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 12 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing ODBC source makes CR reports not usable from VB 6
We solved this by changing from ODBC driver to the native CR driver for
SQL Server. This is done in the menu Database/Convert Database
Driver... Click "Convert Database Drive on next Refersh" and choose
(To:) pdssql.dll [SQL SERVER].

Conny Pettersson
Sweden

Quote:
> I witnessed same kind of problems. I'm not sure which of these helped
but I
> made a group of nt-users and gave the permission in SQl Server, that
helped.
> In the report I also refrence to the database table as only with the
table
> name, not database.dbo.table.

> Arto Kuvaja, Finland

> > We are using CR 8.0, SQL Server 7.0, and VB 6.0 under Windows 2000.
We
> > are also accessing Stored Procedures directly from CR via ODBC. A VB
> > program is used to process the report through ActiveX objects. This
> > works fine until a change is made in the ODBC source.
> > When changing the ODBC source (User ID or Password) you are
prompted in
> > CR to verify this against the database. It seems to work fine in CR
> > itself, but when processing the report from VB the following message
> > appears:
> > "Server has not yet been opened"

> > A visible clue of the change is that the "User ID" is set in
the "Set
> > Alias" dialog box and cannot be removed. The report can at this
state
> > never be run from VB again. This means that a new report has to be
> > created from scratch.

> > If anyone has faced this or a similar problem we would appreciate a
> > reply

> > Regards
> > Conny Pettersson

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 00:07:00 GMT

1. Need Report to look at SQL Data source ( VB / CR newbie needs help)

2. VB 6 SP5 does not refresh changes made outside of the IDE

3. VB Executables Change Even Though Source Does Not

4. VB Executables Change Even Though Source Does Not

5. Acess97 Reports - Usable within VB?

6. sub report changes its source stored procedure to main report's stored procedure

7. CR 6.0 Report upgraded to CR 7.0 report has formatting issues

8. changing databases in odbc doesnt change database in report

9. cr.NET report source property help please

10. Passing an open ADO connection as Data Source for a CR report

11. 1 * bxfcLDMXT-Odbc Error occurs while opening a CR 6.0 report in the Preview window

12. Odbc Error occurs while opening a CR 6.0 report in the Preview window