To link procedure and table in visual linking...
Author Message
 To link procedure and table in visual linking...

Hi

I 've a user defined store procedure in SQL Server 2000.
and want to generate a new report has one table and my
Store procedure,but when I select them from tree structure
via an ODBC in crystal 8.5 and it brings them to visual linking
window there's no link between these,then I tried to pick
a field which is PK in table and drag it into a field with
the same name as that,which has been located in order by clause
in my procedure too.but I've got a following  error :
"  invalid file link: not an indexed field"

How can I control or solve my problem?
Thanks

Fri, 04 Mar 2005 18:52:07 GMT
 To link procedure and table in visual linking...
(1) Is the field generated by the stored proc in its select list? Having the
field in order by clause isn't going to make any difference.

(2) Are the field in the table and the stored proc same type and same
length?

(3) CR works well with either 1 stored proc, or multiple tables, but not a
mixture of stored proc and tables. You should consider either modifying your
stored proc, or creating a new one so that you don't need to add a table to
your report.

Quote:
> Hi

> I 've a user defined store procedure in SQL Server 2000.
> and want to generate a new report has one table and my
> Store procedure,but when I select them from tree structure
> via an ODBC in crystal 8.5 and it brings them to visual linking
> window there's no link between these,then I tried to pick
> a field which is PK in table and drag it into a field with
> the same name as that,which has been located in order by clause
> in my procedure too.but I've got a following  error :
> "  invalid file link: not an indexed field"

> How can I control or solve my problem?
> Thanks

Fri, 04 Mar 2005 19:21:51 GMT
 To link procedure and table in visual linking...
No,it's not generated by this select it's as the same
as PK field in my table which appears as a FK in some
tables that my procedure was select it from these tables,so
it's as the same size and type of PK filed in my table and
my procedure has an order by on it,so if Crystal Report 8.5
lets to join table and store procedure what's wrong with me?
and if not then I don't know what to do..........
Quote:

> (1) Is the field generated by the stored proc in its select list? Having the
> field in order by clause isn't going to make any difference.

> (2) Are the field in the table and the stored proc same type and same
> length?

> (3) CR works well with either 1 stored proc, or multiple tables, but not a
> mixture of stored proc and tables. You should consider either modifying your
> stored proc, or creating a new one so that you don't need to add a table to
> your report.

> > Hi

> > I 've a user defined store procedure in SQL Server 2000.
> > and want to generate a new report has one table and my
> > Store procedure,but when I select them from tree structure
> > via an ODBC in crystal 8.5 and it brings them to visual linking
> > window there's no link between these,then I tried to pick
> > a field which is PK in table and drag it into a field with
> > the same name as that,which has been located in order by clause
> > in my procedure too.but I've got a following  error :
> > "  invalid file link: not an indexed field"

> > How can I control or solve my problem?
> > Thanks

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 11:51:32 GMT
 To link procedure and table in visual linking...

Quote:
> No,it's not generated by this select it's as the same
> as PK field in my table which appears as a FK in some
> tables that my procedure was select it from these tables

So you are saying that the field is in your select list.

Quote:
>,so
> it's as the same size and type of PK filed in my table and
> my procedure has an order by on it,so if crystal report 8.5
> lets to join table and store procedure what's wrong with me?
> and if not then I don't know what to do..........

I have already suggested that you modify your stored proc or create another
one.

Quote:

> > (1) Is the field generated by the stored proc in its select list? Having
the
> > field in order by clause isn't going to make any difference.

> > (2) Are the field in the table and the stored proc same type and same
> > length?

> > (3) CR works well with either 1 stored proc, or multiple tables, but not
> > mixture of stored proc and tables. You should consider either modifying
your
> > stored proc, or creating a new one so that you don't need to add a table
> > your report.

> > > Hi

> > > I 've a user defined store procedure in SQL Server 2000.
> > > and want to generate a new report has one table and my
> > > Store procedure,but when I select them from tree structure
> > > via an ODBC in crystal 8.5 and it brings them to visual linking
> > > window there's no link between these,then I tried to pick
> > > a field which is PK in table and drag it into a field with
> > > the same name as that,which has been located in order by clause
> > > in my procedure too.but I've got a following  error :
> > > "  invalid file link: not an indexed field"

> > > How can I control or solve my problem?
> > > Thanks

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 12:13:22 GMT

1. Changing the linked table path without the linked table manager

2. linking all fields in linked table?

3. Linked tables - changing the link

4. Changing Linked Table link?

5. Visual Linking: Can link by 2 fields?

6. Visual Linking: Can link by 2 fields?

7. Re-linking tables via a procedure...

8. Help w/ procedure to IMPORT ODBC-Linked tables

9. Can i link Stored Procedure/Table/View

10. Linking Crystal Report with a stored Procedure -- crystal report for visual studio.net

11. Linked Table VS Import Table

12. Make adp table behave like linked mdb table.