Distributing Crystal reports on the Web
Author Message
 Distributing Crystal reports on the Web

Hi all,

I need to distribute Crystal Reports on the web while maintaining security--
for example, allowing department heads to see only the information on the
department expense report for their department.
There's not a great deal of money to spend, so I'm trying to find a cost
effective solution that will provide the security we need. I had heard of a
3rd party package called Recrystallize Pro that supposedly provides the
capability for web distribution at a very reasonable price. I was wondering
if any one has  heard anything about this product, or has any other
suggestions about distributing Crystal Reports in a secure manner without
"breaking the bank".

Thanks very much,

Sue

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 03:32:49 GMT
 Distributing Crystal reports on the Web
Well, what abour crystal Entreprise ?? It has been made for that ! You can
use a cheaper solution, but it will take a long long time before it works:
programming an ASP web site with the Crystal Report Desinger Composant
(RDC).
Whatever, Money or Time ? That's always the question!
Bye,
Victor

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I need to distribute Crystal reports on the web while maintaining
security--
> for example, allowing department heads to see only the information on the
> department expense report for their department.
> There's not a great deal of money to spend, so I'm trying to find a cost
> effective solution that will provide the security we need. I had heard of
> 3rd party package called Recrystallize Pro that supposedly provides the
> capability for web distribution at a very reasonable price. I was
wondering
> if any one has  heard anything about this product, or has any other
> suggestions about distributing Crystal Reports in a secure manner without
> "breaking the bank".

> Thanks very much,

> Sue

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 23:13:57 GMT
 Distributing Crystal reports on the Web
Victor,

You're right, of course, but I'm not so sure that my boss will agree.  If
we do try it without Enterprise, do you know if we can set security so that
there is only one copy of the report, but each department head can look at
only his/her own budget lines?

Thanks,

Sue

Quote:
> Well, what abour crystal Entreprise ?? It has been made for that ! You can
> use a cheaper solution, but it will take a long long time before it works:
> programming an ASP web site with the Crystal Report Desinger Composant
> (RDC).
> Whatever, Money or Time ? That's always the question!
> Bye,
> Victor

> > Hi all,

> > I need to distribute Crystal reports on the web while maintaining
> security--
> > for example, allowing department heads to see only the information on
the
> > department expense report for their department.
> > There's not a great deal of money to spend, so I'm trying to find a cost
> > effective solution that will provide the security we need. I had heard
of
> > 3rd party package called Recrystallize Pro that supposedly provides the
> > capability for web distribution at a very reasonable price. I was
> wondering
> > if any one has  heard anything about this product, or has any other
> > suggestions about distributing Crystal Reports in a secure manner
without
> > "breaking the bank".

> > Thanks very much,

> > Sue

Sun, 18 Jul 2004 02:39:00 GMT

1. How to distribute Crystal reports on the Web

2. Distributing an app with Crystal Reports doesn't show report

3. Crystal Report/Crystal Info for the Web

4. Distributing reports through web to multiple users

5. Active Reports, Crystal other Web report writers??

6. Crystal Report -- Web Report Problem

7. Will Crystal Reports meet our web reporting needs?...

8. Crystal Report -- Web Report Problem

9. Ad-Hoc Web Reporting Via Crystal Reports?

10. IIS 5.0 + Crystal Report 8.5 = Web reporting?

11. Creating RCAPI calls from Crystal Reports and viewing the report using a web application in .net

12. Crystal Report 8 for Web Reporting