Server has not yet been opened
Author Message
 Server has not yet been opened

Hello!

I've seen a couple posts about this, so forgive me for posting again, but
I'm still not quite getting what I need to do.

I am using Crystal 8.5.

I have successfully run a report via the ActiveX control for a report
connecting to an Access database.

However, when I try to run a report that connects to a SQL database, I get
"Server has not yet been opened.".

I understand that I need to provide a user name & password, but no matter
what I try, no dice.

My DSN info is:
Name: PSTRACK
Server: PSDEV
Authentication: With WinNT using network login ID
   (I've tried with SQL Server, but can't get the right login info here
either :( )
Default Database: psTrack

I created a user under the SQL Server Logins screen to have access to the
psTrack database.  After that, the same user showed up in the Users list
under the database.  I gave this user SELECT access to all of the tables.
Stopped then Started the SQL Server.

In my code, I have:
userid = ""  /* where I've tried various user name & passwords to no avail
*/
password = ""

set crtable = session("oRpt").Database.Tables.Item(1)
crtable.SetLogonInfo "PSTRACK", "psTrack", cstr(userid), cstr(password)
response.write crtable.testconnectivity  /* returns false every time */

Which user name & password does it want?!!?!?!?!  Are the first two params
in SetLogonInfo correct based on the DSN info I describe above?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jessica

Wed, 28 Apr 2004 05:25:59 GMT
 Server has not yet been opened
Please seek some info about this at support.crystaldecision.com

There is something about access and logging on. I am not sure, but I believe
you'll have to use the tables.( i ).sessionlogon or something like that, if
you want to connect to an access db. Normally you would choose
database.serverlogon.

Hope it helps,

Sander

Quote:
> Hello!

> I've seen a couple posts about this, so forgive me for posting again, but
> I'm still not quite getting what I need to do.

> I am using Crystal 8.5.

> I have successfully run a report via the ActiveX control for a report
> connecting to an Access database.

> However, when I try to run a report that connects to a SQL database, I get
> "Server has not yet been opened.".

> I understand that I need to provide a user name & password, but no matter
> what I try, no dice.

> My DSN info is:
> Name: PSTRACK
> Server: PSDEV
> Authentication: With WinNT using network login ID
>    (I've tried with SQL Server, but can't get the right login info here
> either :( )
> Default Database: psTrack

> I created a user under the SQL Server Logins screen to have access to the
> psTrack database.  After that, the same user showed up in the Users list
> under the database.  I gave this user SELECT access to all of the tables.
> Stopped then Started the SQL Server.

> In my code, I have:
> userid = ""  /* where I've tried various user name & passwords to no avail
> */
> password = ""

> set crtable = session("oRpt").Database.Tables.Item(1)
> crtable.SetLogonInfo "PSTRACK", "psTrack", cstr(userid), cstr(password)
> response.write crtable.testconnectivity  /* returns false every time */

> Which user name & password does it want?!!?!?!?!  Are the first two params
> in SetLogonInfo correct based on the DSN info I describe above?

> Thanks in advance for any help!

> Jessica

Sat, 01 May 2004 03:47:28 GMT
 Server has not yet been opened
Thanks for your help!

It turns out when we installed SQL, we did a TYPICAL install. So we were
missing some items needed to be able to use SQL Authentication.

Quote:
> Please seek some info about this at support.crystaldecision.com

> There is something about access and logging on. I am not sure, but I
believe
> you'll have to use the tables.( i ).sessionlogon or something like that,
if
> you want to connect to an access db. Normally you would choose
> database.serverlogon.

> Hope it helps,

> Sander

> > Hello!

> > I've seen a couple posts about this, so forgive me for posting again,
but
> > I'm still not quite getting what I need to do.

> > I am using Crystal 8.5.

> > I have successfully run a report via the ActiveX control for a report
> > connecting to an Access database.

> > However, when I try to run a report that connects to a SQL database, I
get
> > "Server has not yet been opened.".

> > I understand that I need to provide a user name & password, but no
matter
> > what I try, no dice.

> > My DSN info is:
> > Name: PSTRACK
> > Server: PSDEV
> > Authentication: With WinNT using network login ID
> >    (I've tried with SQL Server, but can't get the right login info here
> > either :( )
> > Default Database: psTrack

> > I created a user under the SQL Server Logins screen to have access to
the
> > psTrack database.  After that, the same user showed up in the Users list
> > under the database.  I gave this user SELECT access to all of the
tables.
> > Stopped then Started the SQL Server.

> > In my code, I have:
> > userid = ""  /* where I've tried various user name & passwords to no
avail
> > */
> > password = ""

> > set crtable = session("oRpt").Database.Tables.Item(1)
> > crtable.SetLogonInfo "PSTRACK", "psTrack", cstr(userid), cstr(password)
> > response.write crtable.testconnectivity  /* returns false every time */

> > Which user name & password does it want?!!?!?!?!  Are the first two
params
> > in SetLogonInfo correct based on the DSN info I describe above?

> > Thanks in advance for any help!

> > Jessica

Sat, 01 May 2004 06:15:09 GMT
 Server has not yet been opened
Hi,
I have the same problem "Server has not yet been opened".
I am using Crystal 7 and SQL server database. Have you
found the solution? Please let me know if you have the
answer. Thanks

HC

Quote:

Wed, 05 May 2004 05:04:51 GMT

1. Connection not Open + Server has not yet been opened error messages

2. Server has not yet been opened message with VB6, CRP7 and SQL-server

3. Server has not yet been opened - Very Urgent

4. "the server is not yet opened"

5. server has not yet been opened ( STILL )

6. Server has not yet been opened

7. Server has not yet been opened (Urgent)

8. server has not yet been opened.

9. Help! Server has not yet been opened

10. Server has not yet been opened

11. VB6 and CR 8.5 Server has not yet been opened

12. The server has not yet been opened