Page Break on Grouping
Author Message
 Page Break on Grouping

I am on the version of crystal that comes with VB 5.0

I have created a group, and when I specify page break before OR
page break after, printing group, I always get a blank page
as my first page. The field I am breaking the group on
is correct though. It is in the header.

Thanks in Advance,
Larry

Wed, 13 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Page Break on Grouping

Quote:

> I am on the version of crystal that comes with VB 5.0

> I have created a group, and when I specify page break before OR
> page break after, printing group, I always get a blank page
> as my first page. The field I am breaking the group on
> is correct though. It is in the header.

> Thanks in Advance,
> Larry

Hi Larry,

Depending on where you placed the Page Break, you will get a blank page
either before the first group or after the last.  This is logical since
Crystal cannot tell if the group it's working on will be the first, last
or somewhere in between.

You can get better results with Crystal 6 since you can create a
conditional page break.

--
Sincerely,
Brian Dong

To reply, remove nospam from the address.

Wed, 13 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Page Break on Grouping

try using the new page after in the gorup footer rather than the header

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. I need help with page break with grouped data

2. Page Break on Group

3. Page break after group changes.

4. Group Page Break without blank page?

5. Set Control Value on Group Header-Page Break Problem

6. No page break after last group?

7. Introduce page break on a certain group?

8. Grouping and page break question.

9. Page breaks for each group?

10. Force a page break after ea. group

11. Page breaking details and grouping question

12. replace page breaks with section breaks