Creating Dynamic Reports - Using Crystal Reports Engine
Author Message
 Creating Dynamic Reports - Using Crystal Reports Engine

Dear All,

We are planning to develop simple reporting tool, which
can build a report dynamically.

For this, we are planning to use Crystal Reporting engine as the base.
Using crystal report API, can we build the reports dynamically???

Can you send me some tips or samples on this to proceed further.

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Kiran Nakhate

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 19:17:25 GMT
 Creating Dynamic Reports - Using Crystal Reports Engine
Kiran,

I'm afraid I can't answer your question about the Crystal Reports Engine.
But based on experience in building a dynamic reports generator, I would
wager that producing such a tool in Crystal (or any environment) is much
more complex than you might imagine.

My company has produced a software package, Reporting Studio, that may meet
your needs.  Essentially Reporting Studio allows the end-user to point and
click to select, sort, group and filter on any field in your database -- to
produce a presentation quality report.  For filtering, we include all key
values from your database in a hierarchal treeview which has multi-select
capabilities.  We (or you) set up an automated procedure to convert your
production data to a denormalized (cube-like) structure for reporting so the
user doesn't need to have any knowledge of tables, joins, unions, etc.  More
advanced features include the ability to combine multiple reports onto one
page (a FactSheet); combine multiple reports into a Report Book with a table
of contents and consecutive page numbering; drilldown capabilities;
wysiwyg export to Excel; and integrated graphics.   We also have a looping
function so that you could, for example, create a Report Book  and specify
to loop by account -- to create a book for each account.

Reporting Studio is written in Visual Basic and uses Access for its backend
data.

Check out our web site and let me know if you would like more info.
--
Allan Thompson
FieldScope LLC

Quote:
> Dear All,

> We are planning to develop simple reporting tool, which
> can build a report dynamically.

> For this, we are planning to use crystal reporting engine as the base.
> Using crystal report API, can we build the reports dynamically???

> Can you send me some tips or samples on this to proceed further.

> Thanks in advance...

> Regards,

> Kiran Nakhate

Fri, 11 Nov 2005 21:39:39 GMT
 Creating Dynamic Reports - Using Crystal Reports Engine
Bravo,

I am doing the Same thing and the Support , help , and
Documentation is VERY Poor and Rare to Find. but we are
going ahead with our product and will be completed within
time frame.  On the Contrary please forward me links and
references from where you got help.. The best one ( but
not quite helpful )

..

Quote:

Sun, 13 Nov 2005 21:06:34 GMT

1. Crystal Report 7 ActiveX (craxdrt.dll) vs Crystal Report Engine (CPEAUTO.dll)

2. Viewing report created using Crystal reports 7.0

3. Creating RCAPI calls from Crystal Reports and viewing the report using a web application in .net

4. Creating customized reports using Crystal Report writer

5. Dynamic Reports with Crystal Reports 6.0

6. Using Crystal reports with Access 2.5 JET Engine

7. Problem using Seagate Crystal Report Automation Engine 7.0

8. Passing paramaters to Crystal 5 from VB using Report Engine API

9. Using the Crystal Reports Print Engine as a dll call

10. Using Crystal Report Engine with OCX

11. crystal reports, how to create complex reports

12. Create execution file for report of Crystal Report 8.5