Am I Doing Something Wrong, Is It A Bug, Or An Undocumented Feature?
Author Message
 Am I Doing Something Wrong, Is It A Bug, Or An Undocumented Feature?

Hi,

I'm having a problem that maybe someone out there can help me out with
(or point me in the right direction)....

I have a VB 5 (Enterprise Edition, no service packs) application that is

using Crystal
Reports for the output (version 4.6.1.0).  The application (through both

the code, and executable file) runs fine on my machine, but on the
user's machines the reports will not output/display (we all have
Win95).  I do not get any
errors, and the code runs fine, but no report is produced.  I initially
had the code sending the report destination as toWindow, and when I had
this problem changed it toPrinter.  Neither makes a difference.

I used the Microsoft application setup wizard to create the setup
program, and all of the
support files seem to be there.  I have run a dll utility I got from
Seagate (DSX32.exe) on both my machine and the user's machines to see if

their machines have any missing/out-of-date support files, but they are
all the same.  The only difference I can see is my development machine
has Crystal Reports loaded while their's are trying to run the reports
through the Crystal runtime support files.

Basically I've run out of ideas.  I've checked Microsoft.com, and
Seagate's web site to no avail.  Any ideas on what else (or who else) I
can try?

Thanks in advance,

Fri, 14 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I Doing Something Wrong, Is It A Bug, Or An Undocumented Feature?

Hi.
Probably you have a problem with an formula defined for this report. Besides
you must check the database location.
I hope this help you...

Alejandro Freire

Quote:

>Hi,

>I'm having a problem that maybe someone out there can help me out with
>(or point me in the right direction)....

>I have a VB 5 (Enterprise Edition, no service packs) application that is

>using Crystal
>Reports for the output (version 4.6.1.0).  The application (through both

>the code, and executable file) runs fine on my machine, but on the
>user's machines the reports will not output/display (we all have
>Win95).  I do not get any
>errors, and the code runs fine, but no report is produced.  I initially
>had the code sending the report destination as toWindow, and when I had
>this problem changed it toPrinter.  Neither makes a difference.

>I used the Microsoft application setup wizard to create the setup
>program, and all of the
>support files seem to be there.  I have run a dll utility I got from
>Seagate (DSX32.exe) on both my machine and the user's machines to see if

>their machines have any missing/out-of-date support files, but they are
>all the same.  The only difference I can see is my development machine
>has Crystal Reports loaded while their's are trying to run the reports
>through the Crystal runtime support files.

>Basically I've run out of ideas.  I've checked Microsoft.com, and
>Seagate's web site to no avail.  Any ideas on what else (or who else) I
>can try?

>Thanks in advance,

Fri, 14 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I Doing Something Wrong, Is It A Bug, Or An Undocumented Feature?

I had a similar problem, in that my application wouldn't install on machines
that didn't have either VB or Crystal Reports already installed. The problem
seemed to center around the msvcrt and msvcirt.dll

I forced the setup utility to include those files from my development PC,
and now I can install successfully on other PCs.

Hope this helps,

Paul

Quote:

>Hi,

>I'm having a problem that maybe someone out there can help me out with
>(or point me in the right direction)....

>I have a VB 5 (Enterprise Edition, no service packs) application that is

>using Crystal
>Reports for the output (version 4.6.1.0).  The application (through both

>the code, and executable file) runs fine on my machine, but on the
>user's machines the reports will not output/display (we all have
>Win95).  I do not get any
>errors, and the code runs fine, but no report is produced.  I initially
>had the code sending the report destination as toWindow, and when I had
>this problem changed it toPrinter.  Neither makes a difference.

>I used the Microsoft application setup wizard to create the setup
>program, and all of the
>support files seem to be there.  I have run a dll utility I got from
>Seagate (DSX32.exe) on both my machine and the user's machines to see if

>their machines have any missing/out-of-date support files, but they are
>all the same.  The only difference I can see is my development machine
>has Crystal Reports loaded while their's are trying to run the reports
>through the Crystal runtime support files.

>Basically I've run out of ideas.  I've checked Microsoft.com, and
>Seagate's web site to no avail.  Any ideas on what else (or who else) I
>can try?

>Thanks in advance,

Sat, 15 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I Doing Something Wrong, Is It A Bug, Or An Undocumented Feature?

If you had the crystal report controls in your VB program, wouldn't
these files already be included when you create the setup? I was using
CR 4.6 too and didn't have this problem.

<< SiMoN >>

Quote:
>I had a similar problem, in that my application wouldn't install on machines
>that didn't have either VB or Crystal Reports already installed. The problem
>seemed to center around the msvcrt and msvcirt.dll

>I forced the setup utility to include those files from my development PC,
>and now I can install successfully on other PCs.

>Hope this helps,

>Paul

Wed, 19 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I Doing Something Wrong, Is It A Bug, Or An Undocumented Feature?

This rings a very vague bell, and relates to MFCOLEUI.DLL. There's something
about it on the Crystal Knowledge Base, I seem to recall.

Quote:

>Hi,

>I'm having a problem that maybe someone out there can help me out with
>(or point me in the right direction)....

>I have a VB 5 (Enterprise Edition, no service packs) application that is

>using Crystal
>Reports for the output (version 4.6.1.0).  The application (through both

>the code, and executable file) runs fine on my machine, but on the
>user's machines the reports will not output/display (we all have
>Win95).  I do not get any
>errors, and the code runs fine, but no report is produced.  I initially
>had the code sending the report destination as toWindow, and when I had
>this problem changed it toPrinter.  Neither makes a difference.

>I used the Microsoft application setup wizard to create the setup
>program, and all of the
>support files seem to be there.  I have run a dll utility I got from
>Seagate (DSX32.exe) on both my machine and the user's machines to see if

>their machines have any missing/out-of-date support files, but they are
>all the same.  The only difference I can see is my development machine
>has Crystal Reports loaded while their's are trying to run the reports
>through the Crystal runtime support files.

>Basically I've run out of ideas.  I've checked Microsoft.com, and
>Seagate's web site to no avail.  Any ideas on what else (or who else) I
>can try?

>Thanks in advance,

begin 666 Steve Marron.vcf
M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..DUA<G)O;CM3=&5V90T*1DXZ

&0T%21 T*
`
end
end

Fri, 21 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Am I doing something wrong ?

2. Am I doing something wrong...??

3. Am I doing something wrong...??

4. Recordset: What am I doing wrong?

5. What am I doing wrong??

6. What am I doing wrong?

7. Help with syntax. What am I doing wrong

8. What am I doing wrong?

9. What am I doing wrong?

10. What am I doing wrong?

11. Please tell me what I am doing wrong - DAO parameter Append Query :(

12. What am I doing wrong? -MultiSelect List box