DNS'less connection CR 8.5 to SQL 7.0 - 2000
Author Message
 DNS'less connection CR 8.5 to SQL 7.0 - 2000

I am using CR 8.5 DEV, can someone point in the right direction on how to
create a dsn'less.  I don't really want to use a data environment.  I was
hoping there was another to connect to the database report.  I am letting
the users specify the server name in a connection .dat file.  It will be a
different server name in each case.

--
Nick Kruse

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 08:48:06 GMT
 DNS'less connection CR 8.5 to SQL 7.0 - 2000
I have solved this issue using a easy technique that I overlooked,
thanks...for those who replied.

Quote:
> I am using CR 8.5 DEV, can someone point in the right direction on how to
> create a dsn'less.  I don't really want to use a data environment.  I was
> hoping there was another to connect to the database report.  I am letting
> the users specify the server name in a connection .dat file.  It will be a
> different server name in each case.

> --
> Nick Kruse

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 10:09:37 GMT

1. SQL Server 2000 + CR 8.5

2. DNS less Access Linked tables to SQL Server 2000

3. CR 8.5 and SQL connection

4. Need Connection string for VB6 DAO DSN-LESS Connections to SQL Server 2000

5. Need Connection string for VB6 DAO DSN-LESS Connections to SQL Server 2000

6. DNS-less SQL server connection

7. DNS-Less Trusted Connection Discrepancy Solution with SQL Server 6.5 - Driver Conflict

8. DNS-Less Trusted Connection Discrepancy - Sql Server 6.5 -- VB 5.0

9. ms sql DTS-Connection DNS-less

10. DNS-Less Trusted Connection Discrepancy - Sql Server 6.5 -- VB 5.0

11. CR 7.0 and SQL Server 2000

12. CR 8.5 - Access 2000