Error 534 errors with SQL Server
Author Message
 Error 534 errors with SQL Server

Hi,

Using the API from crystal 8.0 to run reports defined over a sql server
database I often get 534 errors (error in database DLL).

I work around seems to be to uncheck the report option "Use Indexes", but
this has a dramatic impact on performance.

Has anyone else come across this as a problem and if so have they found a
suitable fix.

Any ideas if going to crystal 9 would sort out the problem?

Thanks

Chris Gadsby

Thu, 03 Mar 2005 00:12:06 GMT
 Error 534 errors with SQL Server
What "API" have you used to run the reports? RDC? OCX? REOL?

Post the code and we may be able to help you.

Quote:
> Hi,

> Using the API from crystal 8.0 to run reports defined over a sql server
> database I often get 534 errors (error in database DLL).

> I work around seems to be to uncheck the report option "Use Indexes", but
> this has a dramatic impact on performance.

> Has anyone else come across this as a problem and if so have they found a
> suitable fix.

> Any ideas if going to crystal 9 would sort out the problem?

> Thanks

> Chris Gadsby

Thu, 03 Mar 2005 08:14:41 GMT
 Error 534 errors with SQL Server
Sorry,

by API I mean the crpe32.dll calls.

The development environment is a tool called NetPlus, which has its own
scripting language.

typical code would be (on a button.clicked event)

tReportName = concat(app.ptReportPath,"RAPICAppraisalviaHist.rpt") ;

job = app.OpenPrintJob(tReportName) ;
app.Login_Report( Job,"sadaisy") ;
app.OutputToWindow(job, form.name, 10, 10,500,400, app.windowhandle) ;
PEEnableProgressDialog(job,0);
app.StartPrintJob(job)   ;
app.ClosePrintJob(job)  ;

where for example  (I won't list all the methods 'cos its a lot of text!).

Method number OutputToWindow(number job, text tWinTitle, number wleft,
number wTop, number wWidth, number wHeight, number hWndOwner)
number nret ;
nret =
PEOutputToWindow(job,tWinTitle,wleft,wTop,wWidth,wHeight,16777216,hWndOwner)
;
if nret = 0 then
 message concat("Error setting output. PEGetErrorCode:
",PEGetErrorCode(job) - tCrErrorBase) window ;
 return 1 ;
end ;
return nret ;
end ;

Method number OpenPrintJob(text tRpt)
number nret  ;
nRet = PEOpenPrintJob(tRpt) ;
if nret = tCrErrorBase then
 return 0 ;
end ;
/* return job number if ok */
return nret ;
end ;

Method number ClosePrintJob(number job)
number nret  ;
nRet = PEClosePrintJob(job) ;
if nret = 0 then
 message concat("Error closing report: PEGetErrorCode
",PEGetErrorCode(nret)- tCrErrorBase) window ;
 return 1 ;
end ;
/* return job number if ok */
return nret ;
end ;

Method number StartPrintJob(number job)
number nret  ;
nRet = PEStartPrintJob(job,1) ;
if nret = 0 then
 message concat("Error starting job: PEGetErrorCode ",PEGetErrorCode(job)-
tCrErrorBase) window ;
 return 1 ;
end ;
/* return job number if ok */
return nret ;
end ;

Hope this helps

Chris

Quote:
> What "API" have you used to run the reports? RDC? OCX? REOL?

> Post the code and we may be able to help you.

> > Hi,

> > Using the API from crystal 8.0 to run reports defined over a sql server
> > database I often get 534 errors (error in database DLL).

> > I work around seems to be to uncheck the report option "Use Indexes",
but
> > this has a dramatic impact on performance.

> > Has anyone else come across this as a problem and if so have they found
> > suitable fix.

> > Any ideas if going to crystal 9 would sort out the problem?

> > Thanks

> > Chris Gadsby

Fri, 04 Mar 2005 04:15:16 GMT
 Error 534 errors with SQL Server
err....sorry, can't help you in that instance. I haven't used print engine
APIs since version 4.5. I may be able to help you if you are using OCX, REOL
or RDC, in a VB environment. I certainly don't know how the NetPlus works
either.

Quote:
> [...]

> end ;
> /* return job number if ok */
> return nret ;
> end ;

> Hope this helps

> Chris

> > What "API" have you used to run the reports? RDC? OCX? REOL?

> > Post the code and we may be able to help you.

> > > Hi,

> > > Using the API from crystal 8.0 to run reports defined over a sql
server
> > > database I often get 534 errors (error in database DLL).

> > > I work around seems to be to uncheck the report option "Use Indexes",
> but
> > > this has a dramatic impact on performance.

> > > Has anyone else come across this as a problem and if so have they
found
> > > suitable fix.

> > > Any ideas if going to crystal 9 would sort out the problem?

Fri, 04 Mar 2005 07:44:50 GMT
 Error 534 errors with SQL Server
OK Thanks anyway.

Regards

Chris

Quote:
> [...]

> > ",PEGetErrorCode(nret)- tCrErrorBase) window ;
> >  return 1 ;
> > end ;
> > /* return job number if ok */
> > return nret ;
> > end ;

> > Method number StartPrintJob(number job)
> > number nret  ;
> > nRet = PEStartPrintJob(job,1) ;
> > if nret = 0 then
> >  message concat("Error starting job: PEGetErrorCode

",PEGetErrorCode(job)-

> > tCrErrorBase) window ;
> >  return 1 ;
> > end ;
> > /* return job number if ok */
> > return nret ;
> > end ;

> > Hope this helps

> > Chris

> > > What "API" have you used to run the reports? RDC? OCX? REOL?

> > > Post the code and we may be able to help you.

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 19:35:06 GMT

1. Please help: Cr Error 534

2. Crystal report 4.5 : Error 534 - The database dll is corrupt

3. Crystal report error #534

4. Error 20639: SQL Expression error - Error in creating SQL Expression COM Parser (cpeaut32)

5. Error 20527 : SQL Server Error

6. Crystal error: error ocurred reading records: error in compiling sql expression

7. Error 534! HELP!

8. SQL Server Error Message in Access

9. SQL Server Error 0: cannot generate SSPI context

10. BUG: Error 3622 SQL SERVER

11. SQL server error messages

12. Run time error 3622: OpenRecordSet: SQL server table: IDENTITY column