Problem in generating Crystal Report with temporary tables(#table) in SP
Author Message
 Problem in generating Crystal Report with temporary tables(#table) in SP

Hi,

I have created an Stored Proc(SP) with temporary tables in
SQL Server 2000. I have created Temporary tables (#table1)
in an SP and inserting records into it. Finally I m
selecting the records from the Temporary tables. It is a
simple SP which fetches records from the temporary tables
with no input paarameter. I m facing no problem in Query
Analyser.
But when I m creating an .xsd (Dataset)file and dragging
the SP into it, I am getting an error. If I remove the
code for the temporary file (CREATE TABLE #testing ...)
and fetch the records from the permanent table, then there
is no prob.

Can you guide me on how to generate a report with the
above req. I have to use the temporary tables.

Thanks.

Fri, 04 Nov 2005 16:37:32 GMT
 Problem in generating Crystal Report with temporary tables(#table) in SP
Its probably a problem with the temporary tables generating extraneous
messages during processing. CR.NET will pick up this garbage as being a
recordset. To stop this, put "SET NOCOUNT ON" in your SP. This turns those
messages off.

A Crystal Reports.NET book for programmers? Its free!
* Covers ASP.NET and Windows Forms
* Teaches all phases of report development
* Alerts you to the bugs and how to get around them
* Maps out the complex ReportDocument object model
* Shows how to perform runtime customization
* Demonstrates all options of connecting with ADO.NET
* Gives complete code listings for every concept presented

www.CrystalReportsBook.com?cpgn=ngcr_051903

HTH,

Brian Bischof

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have created an Stored Proc(SP) with temporary tables in
> SQL Server 2000. I have created Temporary tables (#table1)
> in an SP and inserting records into it. Finally I m
> selecting the records from the Temporary tables. It is a
> simple SP which fetches records from the temporary tables
> with no input paarameter. I m facing no problem in Query
> Analyser.
> But when I m creating an .xsd (Dataset)file and dragging
> the SP into it, I am getting an error. If I remove the
> code for the temporary file (CREATE TABLE #testing ...)
> and fetch the records from the permanent table, then there
> is no prob.

> Can you guide me on how to generate a report with the
> above req. I have to use the temporary tables.

> Thanks.

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 04:19:41 GMT

1. crystal.net report from asp.net created (temporary) table

2. Creating a table via SP where the table name is a parameter

3. Reporting on GLOBAL TEMPORARY tables

4. Crystal Reports and multiple tables problem

5. Crystal sub-reports problem using TTX file and data tables

6. Problem accessing Access 2000 tables from Crystal Reports 7 with SP1

7. Mutliple tables problem in Crystal Report

8. SQL Server local temporary table problem

9. Connection refresh problem: can't see temporary table

10. Report which generates a table

11. Adding tables to Report in Crystal Reports 6 produces unexpected results

12. Crystal Reports - Changing Tables to Report from