Cross-tab question
Author Message
 Cross-tab question

Hi,

I'm creating a cross-tab report, and the problem I have is that
the columns should be displayed by months from Jan. to Dec,
but Crystal Reports seems not to allow the "text" displayed for
the column to be different from the grouping "field text".

Basically, I want to group by a field, but display a different field.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

'Bunmi.

Wed, 03 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Cross-tab question
I don't know if this is exactly what you need, but here goes.

Right click on the cross tab and select Format cross tab from the menu.
Select the column and click on the group options button.
Select specified order from the drop down list, the Specified order tab
appears.
The Named Groups drop down list contains the group values in your
database.
Select each one and click on edit, You can now put in some text as the
column heading.
Do this for each of your groups.
e.g.
If you have a numeric month field as your column heading and want to
show this as the name of the month instead, you can do this by
following the instructions above.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm creating a cross-tab report, and the problem I have is that
> the columns should be displayed by months from Jan. to Dec,
> but Crystal reports seems not to allow the "text" displayed for
> the column to be different from the grouping "field text".

> Basically, I want to group by a field, but display a different field.

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Thanks.

> 'Bunmi.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 09 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. cross tab question

2. A cross-tab Question

3. Cross Tab Question

4. Tricky Access/SQL Crosstab Question / (Long)

5. Tricky Access/SQL Crosstab Question / (Long)

6. Newbie formula / crosstab question

7. CrossTab Questions

8. Crosstab question

9. Crosstab question

10. CR Crosstab Question...

11. CrossTab questions - wrap & formatting

12. Cross-Tab Columns and Specified cross-tab groups in 7.0