CR8 : AAgh not even first VB example works!!? please help
Author Message
 CR8 : AAgh not even first VB example works!!? please help

Sheesh.
Please help me stop banging my head against this desk.
I have : CR ver 8.0, win 2000, Msoft activeX data obj ver2.5
I tried: page 54 of Developers Guide : simple eg to change a hard
coded report using a new SQL query and rs as New ADOR.Recordset
I Failed: no matter what the SQL statement, the report always comes
back with the same damn hard coded report!

can someone who has got this example to work please tell me the set up
they have (VB/CR/ADO etc)?

Basically, I have a VB form which generates a SQL statement, that I
want to use to build a recordset for my Crystal Reports form. I set up
the crystal reports form using the crystal reports gallery expert
(which must have a database and record set specified at design time).

I now want to 'over rule' that recordset I specified at design time
with this new SQL query, but it just does not want to happen. Please
help if you can. Will post sample code if required.

Please please help. Should I try developing in win9x instead of W2K?

Chris
(email preferred but not essential)

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CR8 : AAgh not even first VB example works!!? please help
Sorted :

Here is how :-

Under the Database menu in either the Report Designer or the RDC
(Visual Basic) go to the Convert Database Driver menu and make sure
that the DLL listed in the From box is "pdsmon.dll."

for some reason it was set to pdsodbc.dll instead

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CR8 : AAgh not even first VB example works!!? please help
Don't know if this is a similar problem to the one I'm having - if you
enable the refresh button on the the report window and once it is loaded
*refresh* and see if that gives you the right data.

At least you'll know the example is working and it's the cached report that
is the problem.

James Laurie

Quote:
> Sheesh.
> Please help me stop banging my head against this desk.
> I have : CR ver 8.0, win 2000, Msoft activeX data obj ver2.5
> I tried: page 54 of Developers Guide : simple eg to change a hard
> coded report using a new SQL query and rs as New ADOR.Recordset
> I Failed: no matter what the SQL statement, the report always comes
> back with the same damn hard coded report!

> can someone who has got this example to work please tell me the set up
> they have (VB/CR/ADO etc)?

> Basically, I have a VB form which generates a SQL statement, that I
> want to use to build a recordset for my crystal reports form. I set up
> the crystal reports form using the crystal reports gallery expert
> (which must have a database and record set specified at design time).

> I now want to 'over rule' that recordset I specified at design time
> with this new SQL query, but it just does not want to happen. Please
> help if you can. Will post sample code if required.

> Please please help. Should I try developing in win9x instead of W2K?

> Chris
> (email preferred but not essential)

Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. help please My first post did'nt work( I think) - 2 Attachments [0/2]

2. help please My first post did'nt work( I think) - 2 Attachments [1/2]

3. First VB server/client remote component not working

4. First VB server/client remote component not working

5. First VB server/client remote component not working

6. VB server/client remote component not working - Please Help

7. VB exe not working on Windows 2000 (Please need help)

8. VB server/client remote component not working - Please Help

9. VB server/client remote component not working - Please Help

10. VB stop working after CR8...Help

11. Can't get Microsoft DAO example to work, please help

12. Help Please - .Find method will not return the first value in a table