Help with select Syntax, Please.
Author Message
 Help with select Syntax, Please.

I have a report which pulls data from a table which lists Sales Order
information.  For each Sales order, there is at least one part number.
 For each part number, there is at least one release.

If there is only one release, it is "release 000". If there is more
than one release, there is a "release 000", and then release 001,
release 002, etc.

I need to return records where one of two situations could happen:

1. If there is only one record, it will be "release 000" so return
info for release 000.
2. If there are more than one record, there will be a release 000,
001, 002, etc.  In this case return everything EXCEPT release 000.

So if I could write a formula that says:

IIF exists a record for this particular part number on this particular
sales order where release = "001"

THEN return all records where release > "000"

ELSE return record where release = "000" (this could also be just a
return all records' since if there is no release 001 ther will only
be a relase 000 and that is it)

My report has Two Groups: 1 = Sales Order, 2 = Part number, and the
detail is the release info.

If anyone can help me I would be very grateful!  Please email me at

newsgroup.

Thanks,

Andrew

Tue, 28 Sep 2004 01:06:32 GMT

2. Selecting Report By Date - Syntax Please

3. Help with VB SQL Select Syntax Problem

4. Can someone Help with SELECT COUNT(*) syntax????

5. Need help with Select statement syntax to retrieve Access2000 record between two dates

6. Need help with Select statement syntax to retrieve Access2000 record between two dates

7. Can anyone HELP me PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

8. Please help with syntax in code Acces 2.0

9. Syntax help please.

10. PLEASE HELP with recordset syntax in ASP

11. help please with question about syntax for scripting

12. PDS 7.1: Link syntax..help please!