VB6 + Crystal Report 4.6 problem
Author Message
 VB6 + Crystal Report 4.6 problem

Hi all,
I have an application in Visual Basic 6.0 that use Crystal Report 4.6.
This application will be installed in a directory that i don't know now. The
Ms Access 97 database that contains my data will be installed in a directory
that i don't know now too. When i print (using Crystal Report) i set the
report.datafiles(0) and report.datafiles(1) from Visual Basic with the
string that contains the right database path. The most of the reports goes
right, but other bring the database set location from Crystal Report enstead
of the string that i pass from Visual Basic. I can't change the database set
location from Crystal Report because in some PCs the database path is one
and in some others the database path is different. I must set the database
path from Visual Basic.
I don't know how to do.
Please help me.
Thanks a lot
Stefano

Mon, 11 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 + Crystal Report 4.6 problem
Work Around,

1- set  the database location to same as report in each of your reports.
2- when you know your database directory, copy the report files into this
directory.
3- when you print your files use the database path as your report files
path...

hope this will help....

Quote:

> Hi all,
> I have an application in Visual Basic 6.0 that use Crystal Report 4.6.
> This application will be installed in a directory that i don't know now.
The
> Ms Access 97 database that contains my data will be installed in a
directory
> that i don't know now too. When i print (using Crystal Report) i set the
> report.datafiles(0) and report.datafiles(1) from Visual Basic with the
> string that contains the right database path. The most of the reports goes
> right, but other bring the database set location from Crystal Report
enstead
> of the string that i pass from Visual Basic. I can't change the database
set
> location from Crystal Report because in some PCs the database path is one
> and in some others the database path is different. I must set the database
> path from Visual Basic.
> I don't know how to do.
> Please help me.
> Thanks a lot
> Stefano

Tue, 12 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 + Crystal Report 4.6 problem

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 VB6 + Crystal Report 4.6 problem
Than you Maher,
I hope to find something that allow me to save database and reports in two
different directories. But if that is impossible your solution goes fine.
Thank you!
Stefano

Quote:
> Work Around,

> 1- set  the database location to same as report in each of your reports.
> 2- when you know your database directory, copy the report files into this
> directory.
> 3- when you print your files use the database path as your report files
> path...

> hope this will help....

Quote:
> > Hi all,
> > I have an application in Visual Basic 6.0 that use Crystal Report 4.6.
> > This application will be installed in a directory that i don't know now.
> The
> > Ms Access 97 database that contains my data will be installed in a
> directory
> > that i don't know now too. When i print (using Crystal Report) i set the
> > report.datafiles(0) and report.datafiles(1) from Visual Basic with the
> > string that contains the right database path. The most of the reports
goes
> > right, but other bring the database set location from Crystal Report
> enstead
> > of the string that i pass from Visual Basic. I can't change the database
> set
> > location from Crystal Report because in some PCs the database path is
one
> > and in some others the database path is different. I must set the
database
> > path from Visual Basic.
> > I don't know how to do.
> > Please help me.
> > Thanks a lot
> > Stefano

Fri, 15 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem refreshing report data in crystal reports 4.6

2. Crystal Report 4.6 in Crystal Report 6.0

3. Help !!! Problem with Crystal report 4.6

4. Printer ports problem in Crystal reports 4.6 - Please Help

5. Crystal Reports 4.6 and Windows 2000 or XP problem

6. Problem loading Report Crystal 4.6

7. VB5 Crystal Report 4.6 Problem.

8. Crystal Report 4.6 Date Field Problem (Default to 12/30/99)

9. Crystal Report 4.6 - Grand Total Problem???

10. Crystal Reports 4.6 / VB5 Tables in Report

11. Crystal Report 4.6 and Sub report

12. VB6 SP5 & Crystal 4.6