Passing values from the sub report, onto the main report
Author Message
 Passing values from the sub report, onto the main report

dear crystalites

I have a Main Report that prints the title, date and header data. I also
have a sub report that is showing details in a tabular format. There is a
grand total, on one of the column. I need the Grand total in the sub report,
in the Main Report for further processing. Is  it possible to do that. How?

Thanx in advance.

ajax?

Tue, 06 Apr 2004 12:51:55 GMT
 Passing values from the sub report, onto the main report
You should use Sahred variables.

In the subreport put in a formula MySubreportTotal that contains

Shared NumberVar Total;
Total := GrandTotal;
''

And in the main subreport make also a formula MyTotal that contains again
the declaration of the sahred variable Total, but only shows it :
Shared NumberVar Total;
Total

Anala Urbano

Quote:
> dear crystalites

> I have a Main Report that prints the title, date and header data. I also
> have a sub report that is showing details in a tabular format. There is a
> grand total, on one of the column. I need the Grand total in the sub
report,
> in the Main Report for further processing. Is  it possible to do that.
How?

> Thanx in advance.

> ajax?

Tue, 06 Apr 2004 21:59:04 GMT
 Passing values from the sub report, onto the main report
You should use shared variables.

Declare a formula in your subreport SubRptFormula that contains the
declaration and assignation of the shared variable:

Shared NumberVar Total;
Total := GrandTotal ;
''
Declare a formula in your Mainreport RptFormula that contains the
declaration and visualization of the same shared variable you declared in
the subreport;

Shared NumberVar Total;
Total

Quote:
> dear crystalites

> I have a Main Report that prints the title, date and header data. I also
> have a sub report that is showing details in a tabular format. There is a
> grand total, on one of the column. I need the Grand total in the sub
report,
> in the Main Report for further processing. Is  it possible to do that.
How?

> Thanx in advance.

> ajax?

Tue, 06 Apr 2004 22:05:27 GMT

1. Pass Sub-Report value to Main

2. Main report value<-pass/return->subReport values (ActiveX Designer Component 6.0)

3. Crystal Reports - Main/Sub Reports

4. sub report doesn't abid to main report

5. Using totals of sub-reports in main- report

6. sub report changes its source stored procedure to main report's stored procedure

7. Total Sub-reports in Main-report HOW?

8. Suppress Main Reports Page Header on sub-report

9. How to pass value from the subreport to main report

10. Pass value field subreport to main report

11. Passing values from a subreport to the main report

12. Passing values from subreport to main report