How to code it???
Author Message
 How to code it???

Using Version 6.
How do I put code in to define work fields that are behind the scenes?
How do I create parms so that they come up when the report is run and the
user enters the selection value?
Also, when text info has trailing blanks, how do I drop them?
For example, the first name field is 20 character long in SQL.  When I
display the first name, middle initial, and last name, I only want a single
space between the 3 parts of the name.

Any help appreciated.
Francis

Sun, 21 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to code it???
Quote:
>How do I put code in to define work fields that are behind the scenes?

Not sure what you mean by this.  Formula fields are fields that you can
define.

Quote:
>How do I create parms so that they come up when the report is run and the
>user enters the selection value?

Create a parameter field.  Reference this field in your record selection

Quote:
>Also, when text info has trailing blanks, how do I drop them?

Trim({table.myfield})

Quote:
>For example, the first name field is 20 character long in SQL.  When I
>display the first name, middle initial, and last name, I only want a single
>space between the 3 parts of the name.

Trim({t.first_name}) + " " + Trim({t.middle_name}) + " " +
Trim({t.last_name})

Sincerely,

Craig Buchanan, President
Cogniza, Inc.
Seagate Software Partner
http://www.cogniza.com

+1.612.824.5858

Quote:
>Any help appreciated.
>Francis

Sun, 21 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Protect VBA code through code.

2. Create custom control in form using code (code wizard adding ocx to form)

3. Error Code 11 in Simple Code Sequence

4. running code from Access that runs code in an excel spreadsheet

5. Code to stop code

6. Code the Code

7. coding a break in code

8. using code to pause code

9. Calling Excel code within Access code?

10. Help with some VB Code (Code included)

11. Referencing object in form in code / Subform reference problem in code

12. speed of DAO code vs VBA code