CR 7 With VB6 data environment AND Access DB with password
Author Message
 CR 7 With VB6 data environment AND Access DB with password

I have a VB6 project with a data environment (which I was going to use with
VB6's data reports).

I have Crystal Reports 7, I add a crystal report to my project and select
'standard report' and pick the dataenvironment command I wish to use.

The database is a Microsoft Access 97 database with a password, the data
environment has the password setup and the 'test connection' does succeed.
I try to pick the DE command and crystal reports asks for the username and
password again (?), so I put in 'admin' & the password but Crystal Reports
says 'Can't start your application.  The workgroup information file is
missing or opened exclusively by another user'.

If I leave the password and/or user name blank, it say's invalid password.

Now, I thought if the data environment was all setup I would'nt have to
worry about the user name or password again.

What's the scoop?

Jeff

Mon, 05 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Data Environment and Access97 DB with Password HELPPPPP

2. CR wants a Password for Access DB

3. export data from one access db to same db on another machine using vb6

4. how do i access a password protected MS-ACCESS db without the password

5. data environment - stored procedure - ms access 2000 db

6. Access DB + VB6 Passwords in Workspace

7. Password Problems connecting VB6 to an Access 7.0 DB

8. Changing the password on an Access DB from VB6

9. using data control on password protected access db

10. VB6 ADO Access 97 and Data Environments

11. Convert Access 97 db to Access 2000 db in VB6

12. Create a db access db with password