VB5 & CR6 - cannot find physical database
Author Message
 VB5 & CR6 - cannot find physical database

I have a VB 5 application using CR6 quite happily on a development machine.
When I install on a target machine using Install Shield Express and run the
application I get "cannot find physical database" as the Crystal Report is
launched.

The data base on the target machine is in exactly the same place as it was
on the development machine.

Installation seems to go OK - no complaints about missing dlls or unable to
register dlls.

The rest of the VB application is quite happily finding the database via
DAO.

Many thanks in Advance

Tony Epton

Mon, 14 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 & CR6 - cannot find physical database
What type of database? Native or ODBC?

RM

Quote:

>I have a VB 5 application using CR6 quite happily on a development machine.
>When I install on a target machine using Install Shield Express and run the
>application I get "cannot find physical database" as the crystal report is
>launched.

>The data base on the target machine is in exactly the same place as it was
>on the development machine.

>Installation seems to go OK - no complaints about missing dlls or unable to
>register dlls.

>The rest of the VB application is quite happily finding the database via
>DAO.

>Many thanks in Advance

>Tony Epton

Thu, 17 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 & CR6 - cannot find physical database
Always use

pathtomydatabase = App.Path & "/mydatabase.mdb"

both for DAO, and DA controls, or you will run into problems!

Also check if the myapp.exe file runs OK on the local machine before you go
to the target machines!
This will ensure that problems developing after moving have to do only with
files (like dlls) missing.
Bare in mind that if the myapp.exe works fine, it could be because it is
finding a DB in the full path specified,
and that this path (e.g. c:\PF\myproj\myapp\mydB.mdb), may not be available
on the target.

Hope this was neither a waste of space, nor of my TIME!

RESOURSES.

GO HERE:
http://search.seagatesoftware.com/techsupp/KbaseSearch.asp?prefix=liv...
(the search facility isn't fantastic, but if you look hard enough you will
find documentation and sample programs. Most are out of date now, and I
think someone should do something about that. Also the knowledge base is a
bit out of date, but at the same time invaluable).

also try their anonymous ftp site:        ftp.img.seagatesoftware.com
(many examples, and easier to find than looking in the site. When you cannot
find what you want, you should look in here)

BOOKS:
VB5 programmer's guide to the Win32 API by Dan Appleman (excellent)

A.Joannou
I.T. Officer
ARNB UK

Mon, 04 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CR6 - physical database not found

2. Error: pdsodbc.dll not found, 20532 cannot find database dll

3. Very urgent,Physical database not found.

4. Err Msg "Physical Database Not Found"

5. Physical Database not found

6. Physical database not found. (CR8.5)

7. Physical Database Not Found

8. Physical Database Not Found Please Help

9. Physical Database Not found......

10. Physical database not found...

11. Physical Database Not found

12. Physical Database Not Found