CR & VB
Author Message
 CR & VB

We have Crystal Reports Pro 8.  I am accustomed to CR6, and am totally
unfamiliar with this new RDC.  What components do I need to simply
display/print a report from a VB app?  I've been looking at the
Crystal Reports Viewer, and the CR 8 Designer Runtime library, and so
far have only gotten confused.  I'm used to the
CrystalReport1.ReportFileName = "c:\report" usage, and that seems to
be gone.  Any code samples that would replicate the old CR 6 syntax
would be greatly appreciated!

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 01:04:08 GMT
 CR & VB
You can still use the OCX with CR8 - just ignore the message that says it is
out of date.

The RDC is a lot more complicated than the OCX.  There is a lot more code
requried, but you have a lot more control over your report and it's objects.

Download the 2001 issues of Crystal Clear for a series on using the RDC and
VB.  A full index is available from www.chelseatech.co.nz/pubs.htm

Quote:
> We have Crystal Reports Pro 8.  I am accustomed to CR6, and am totally
> unfamiliar with this new RDC.  What components do I need to simply
> display/print a report from a VB app?  I've been looking at the
> Crystal Reports Viewer, and the CR 8 Designer Runtime library, and so
> far have only gotten confused.  I'm used to the
> CrystalReport1.ReportFileName = "c:\report" usage, and that seems to
> be gone.  Any code samples that would replicate the old CR 6 syntax
> would be greatly appreciated!

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 03:09:17 GMT

1. VB & CR 4.6 Stored Procedure Parameters

2. Urgent ..VB&CR

3. VB.NET & CR.NET : User Defined Function

4. CR 7.0 & VB 6 page fault

5. VB 6 & CR 7 email via SMTP

6. VB 6.0 : CR 7.0 - [Cancel] CR

7. VB5 & CR 6.0 -- SQL statement