Emailing Reports Automatically
Author Message
 Emailing Reports Automatically

Hi,

I'm very new to CR 8.5 and CE. I've created a set of reports and pulished
them on a web server using the reports publisher. I've scheduled the reports
to be updated daily using the crystal management console etc.

I've been asked if it is possible to have a report emailed to a group of
people on a daily basis. Apparently this was out of the box functionality
in the Seagate Info product, but not in CR 8.5 (athouth I've been told the
next release will). I've also been told it is possible to do this programatically.

Can someone explain in rough terms how I might do this?. Can I write a
VBScript that I could schedule with the AT command to do it?. Do I need to
write a fully blown Visual Basic application to do this? Is there some other
way? What's the easiest way?..

Thanks, Paul.

Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:23:12 GMT
 Emailing Reports Automatically
I would talk to Crystal and see if they have code that already does this and
if you can get your hands on it. I know it is possible and have seen code
that does something similar, just dont have my hands on it any more.

I would also talk to them about any licensing issues that may arouse from
using Crystal Enterprise in this way as it probably comes under the banner
of broadcast licensing.

Cheers

Aggy

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm very new to CR 8.5 and CE. I've created a set of reports and pulished
> them on a web server using the reports publisher. I've scheduled the
reports
> to be updated daily using the crystal management console etc.

> I've been asked if it is possible to have a report emailed to a group of
> people on a daily basis. Apparently this was out of the box functionality
> in the Seagate Info product, but not in CR 8.5 (athouth I've been told the
> next release will). I've also been told it is possible to do this
programatically.

> Can someone explain in rough terms how I might do this?. Can I write a
> VBscript that I could schedule with the AT command to do it?. Do I need to
> write a fully blown Visual Basic application to do this? Is there some
other
> way? What's the easiest way?..

> Thanks, Paul.

Wed, 12 Nov 2003 14:02:01 GMT
 Emailing Reports Automatically
My report scheduler does this, but with CR8 and above there are licensing
issues, so CD have discouraged this.  If you can write VB, you can write the
code yourself.

One trick that took a lot of tracking down - Outlook (or a MAPI compatible
email client) needs to be running  - the mail is sent via it's Outbox).  So
that suggests that it is difficult to run as a  service.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm very new to CR 8.5 and CE. I've created a set of reports and pulished
> them on a web server using the reports publisher. I've scheduled the
reports
> to be updated daily using the crystal management console etc.

> I've been asked if it is possible to have a report emailed to a group of
> people on a daily basis. Apparently this was out of the box functionality
> in the Seagate Info product, but not in CR 8.5 (athouth I've been told the
> next release will). I've also been told it is possible to do this
programatically.

> Can someone explain in rough terms how I might do this?. Can I write a
> VBscript that I could schedule with the AT command to do it?. Do I need to
> write a fully blown Visual Basic application to do this? Is there some
other
> way? What's the easiest way?..

> Thanks, Paul.

Fri, 14 Nov 2003 05:59:48 GMT

1. Automatically Emailing Data from MS Access to MS Outlook

2. Automatically Emailing Data from MS Access to MS Outlook

3. Automatically Emailing upon 'submit'

4. Emailing Access reports

5. emailing reports with subreports WITHOUT using sendObject

6. Emailing Reports Containing SubReports

7. Access97: Emailing mulitple reports

8. Emailing / Faxing Reports

9. emailing partial reports

10. Emailing an access report using VB .NET?

11. Printing/Emailing Access reports from VB

12. Problems Emailing a Crystal Report