crystl16.ocx won't register
Author Message
 crystl16.ocx won't register

Have an old VB4 16bit app using Crystal Reports.

It installs fine on about half the workstations, NT and Win95, but on
some, during installation it gives a message, "an error occurre while
registering crystl16.ocx.".  If I ignore it, everything else is OK,
but forms that have the crystal control don't come up.

Anybody know what causes this and how to fix it?

I know on some old VB4 32bit apps, I had this problem when the
workstation already had a particular version of CR installed.  The one
workstation I have handy, where the 16bit version is blowing, has a
version 4.6 installed, but that's only the 32bit.  I think.  And,
they're supposed to coexist. I think.

Joshua Stern

Fri, 02 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 crystl16.ocx won't register
was missing mfcoleui.dll

J.

Fri, 02 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can't register crystl16.ocx

2. Run-time error 367 Can't load (or Register) Crystl16.ocx

3. Can't load(or register) custom control crystl16.ocx

4. Crystl16.ocx can't register itself

5. MSINET.OCX *still* won't register, and now IE4 won't install

6. CRYSTL16.DLL NOT REGISTERED IN WIN 3.11

7. VB4.0 won't register OCX's built with VC++4.0

8. Registering DLL's and OCX's in Win 3.1

9. problem registering crystl16.ocx with VB4

10. Error registering crystl16.ocx

11. Error registering control Crystl16.ocx

12. crystl16.ocx not registered