Sub queries at record level
Author Message
 Sub queries at record level

Hi,
I need some help to anderstand the Crystal/VB architecture.
I have to make a financial report.
In this report each positions need to be revaluated at the forexrate
of the actual day.
To get the forexRate I need a build job that use several SQL queries.

How to link this job with Crystal Reports at the records levels ?
Should I use VB composant and use vb evant to do this report ?

Thanks lot to any sugestion.

Fri, 11 Feb 2005 16:45:21 GMT
 Sub queries at record level
You can package your SQL queries into a stored proc, and call the stored
proc from VB before calling the report.

Alternatively, you can create a UFL for Crystal report, which includes an
execute method to allow SQL queries to be executed in report. This way,
using BeforeReadingRecords predicate, you can execute any SQL queries inside
the report. Now apparently CR 9 already has this functionality built in (to
allow you to execute any SQL queries inside the report).

Quote:
> Hi,
> I need some help to anderstand the Crystal/VB architecture.
> I have to make a financial report.
> In this report each positions need to be revaluated at the forexrate
> of the actual day.
> To get the forexRate I need a build job that use several SQL queries.

> How to link this job with Crystal Reports at the records levels ?
> Should I use VB composant and use vb evant to do this report ?

> Thanks lot to any sugestion.

Fri, 11 Feb 2005 17:26:14 GMT
 Sub queries at record level
Thanks for your help!!

But the report has to be done before a migration from clipper to SQL server.
I cannot use stored procedures.

Quote:

> You can package your SQL queries into a stored proc, and call the stored
> proc from VB before calling the report.

> Alternatively, you can create a UFL for Crystal report, which includes an
> execute method to allow SQL queries to be executed in report. This way,
> using BeforeReadingRecords predicate, you can execute any SQL queries inside
> the report. Now apparently CR 9 already has this functionality built in (to
> allow you to execute any SQL queries inside the report).

> > Hi,
> > I need some help to anderstand the Crystal/VB architecture.
> > I have to make a financial report.
> > In this report each positions need to be revaluated at the forexrate
> > of the actual day.
> > To get the forexRate I need a build job that use several SQL queries.

> > How to link this job with Crystal Reports at the records levels ?
> > Should I use VB composant and use vb evant to do this report ?

> > Thanks lot to any sugestion.

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 20:14:41 GMT
 Sub queries at record level
Ok, if you can't use stored proc, then the solution of basing the report on
a stored proc is out of the question.

The alternatives are

(1) run the queries in your VB app before calling the report routine.

(2) Use UFL functions to execute multiple SQL statements. Execute method
should be able to handle any valid SQL statements, regardless whether it's a
proc or not.

Quote:
> Thanks for your help!!

> But the report has to be done before a migration from clipper to SQL
server.
> I cannot use stored procedures.

Quote:
> > You can package your SQL queries into a stored proc, and call the stored
> > proc from VB before calling the report.

> > Alternatively, you can create a UFL for Crystal report, which includes
an
> > execute method to allow SQL queries to be executed in report. This way,
> > using BeforeReadingRecords predicate, you can execute any SQL queries
inside
> > the report. Now apparently CR 9 already has this functionality built in
> > allow you to execute any SQL queries inside the report).

> > > Hi,
> > > I need some help to anderstand the Crystal/VB architecture.
> > > I have to make a financial report.
> > > In this report each positions need to be revaluated at the forexrate
> > > of the actual day.
> > > To get the forexRate I need a build job that use several SQL queries.

> > > How to link this job with Crystal Reports at the records levels ?
> > > Should I use VB composant and use vb evant to do this report ?

> > > Thanks lot to any sugestion.

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:09:58 GMT

1. Can't access records with sub form for linked sub table

2. Module-level multiple-record recordset vs temp single-record recordset

3. Module-level multiple-record recordset vs temp single-record recordset

4. SQL Query - MAX, Grouping and Sub query

5. Using Sub Query in Sql Query - Crystal Report 5.0

6. Main record not retrieved if no sub record present

7. Main record not retrieved if no sub record present

8. ??Calling Sub-Menu_Click from Module Level Procedures???

9. Listview with 1 sub level of nodes

10. Listview with 1 sub level of nodes

11. Sub Report Levels

12. canceling through multiple levels of sub procedures in VB