Count_and_records
Author Message
 Count_and_records

Hello,

I'm trying to create a function that returns a count of records based on the
value of the records.  I can't get this to work.  Here is the function I'm
using:

while {TEDW_STMOVERALLSTATISTICS.AVAILSTATUS}="1" do
Count ({TEDW_STMOVERALLSTATISTICS.AVAILSTATUS})

Instead if getting a value returned, I get  a True or fales.  I just want to
get a count based on the field and later use these value for manipulation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt

Fri, 09 Dec 2005 10:50:15 GMT
 Count_and_records
I notice you are counting on field: TEDW_STMOVERALLSTATISTICS.AVAILSTATUS
I guess the data type of this field is bit or Boolean. That's why you are
getting True or Flase
So if you try to do count on another filed on same table, it may solve your
problem.
For example, if you have a field call ID in TEDW_STMOVERALLSTATISTICS
Then use the following code:

while {TEDW_STMOVERALLSTATISTICS.AVAILSTATUS}="1"
do Count ({TEDW_STMOVERALLSTATISTICS.ID})

Hope this will work for you.

Ming

Quote:
> Hello,

> I'm trying to create a function that returns a count of records based on
the
> value of the records.  I can't get this to work.  Here is the function I'm
> using:

> while {TEDW_STMOVERALLSTATISTICS.AVAILSTATUS}="1" do
> Count ({TEDW_STMOVERALLSTATISTICS.AVAILSTATUS})

> Instead if getting a value returned, I get  a True or fales.  I just want
> get a count based on the field and later use these value for manipulation.

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Matt

Fri, 09 Dec 2005 13:52:37 GMT
 Count_and_records
Use a running total field.  Set the summary up as a Count summary.  Evaluate
using a formula like: {TEDW_STMOVERALLSTATISTICS.AVAILSTATUS}="1".

Quote:
> Hello,

> I'm trying to create a function that returns a count of records based on
the
> value of the records.  I can't get this to work.  Here is the function I'm
> using:

> while {TEDW_STMOVERALLSTATISTICS.AVAILSTATUS}="1" do
> Count ({TEDW_STMOVERALLSTATISTICS.AVAILSTATUS})

> Instead if getting a value returned, I get  a True or fales.  I just want
> get a count based on the field and later use these value for manipulation.

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Matt

Fri, 09 Dec 2005 21:51:53 GMT
 Count_and_records
Thanks for the Help Jackie, it work great.  However When I create a Formula
with the results, I can't use that formula in a graph.

ie: here is my formula vAvailPercent

*100)

The formula does not become a selective object when I go and create a graph.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt

Quote:
> Use a running total field.  Set the summary up as a Count summary.
Evaluate
> using a formula like: {TEDW_STMOVERALLSTATISTICS.AVAILSTATUS}="1".

> > Hello,

> > I'm trying to create a function that returns a count of records based on
> the
> > value of the records.  I can't get this to work.  Here is the function
I'm
> > using:

> > while {TEDW_STMOVERALLSTATISTICS.AVAILSTATUS}="1" do
> > Count ({TEDW_STMOVERALLSTATISTICS.AVAILSTATUS})

> > Instead if getting a value returned, I get  a True or fales.  I just
want
> > get a count based on the field and later use these value for
manipulation.

> > Any help would be appreciated.

> > Matt

Sun, 11 Dec 2005 00:02:39 GMT