Concatenating data fields with text
Author Message
 Concatenating data fields with text

I am new to Crystal Reports and I am trying to concatenate a data
field together with some text. In Microsoft Access, you are able to
create an unbound text field and as it's control source put something
in like ="Report for " & [RepName]. Is there a way to do this in
crystal? When I try to put a text field next to a data field, they
don't line up very well and don't look at polished on the final
report. Thanks in advance.

-Patrick Schouten

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 23:47:30 GMT
 Concatenating data fields with text
Hi Patrick
    You can drag your data field right into the text field.  Insert the text
field first and then drag the data field into it.

Bob Holmes

Quote:
> I am new to crystal reports and I am trying to concatenate a data
> field together with some text. In Microsoft Access, you are able to
> create an unbound text field and as it's control source put something
> in like ="Report for " & [RepName]. Is there a way to do this in
> crystal? When I try to put a text field next to a data field, they
> don't line up very well and don't look at polished on the final
> report. Thanks in advance.

> -Patrick Schouten

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 00:03:25 GMT

1. Concatenating a Text Field and a Number Field

2. Bolding text in concatenated fields

3. concatenating data-bound fields in report designer

4. Having trouble accessing single field key with two concatenated fields

5. Concatenating Rich Text Box text

6. full text search on a access text data field

7. applying ital to selected fields within a concatenated textbox

8. Concatenate a field name

9. Concatenating Fields in sql-string in vba

10. Concatenating field name

11. Trouble concatenating multiple rows from one field

12. Concatenate two fields to one usable variable