Vb to Crystal
Author Message
 Vb to Crystal

I have a situation where I fetch data in VB but need to display it as a
Crystal Report. I don't know if this is possible at all with Crystal. In
short, is it possible to bind data fetched in VB to a crystal report if so
how ? I also need to display the results as a graph in Crystal. I have
searched for examples but found none. I would be grateful if someone threw
light on the issue.

Sat, 21 Feb 2004 16:51:28 GMT
 Vb to Crystal

Crystal 7 comes with a pretty good demo, Xtremedemo.
Hopefully your version has it as well.

Quote:

Sun, 22 Feb 2004 06:15:04 GMT
 Vb to Crystal
Hi,

If you are using Crystal 7 or higher, then it is possible to bind a
report to a COM dataset, such as ADO, RDO or DAO objects.

If you are using an older version then the only way would be to popluate
your recordset into a DataControl in VB and then bind the OCX to the
DataControl.

In both cases, this is documented in Crystal's developr.hlp file.

Sincerely,
Brian Dong

To reply, remove nospam from the address.

Quote:

>I have a situation where I fetch data in VB but need to display it as a
>Crystal report. I don't know if this is possible at all with Crystal. In
>short, is it possible to bind data fetched in VB to a crystal report if so
>how ? I also need to display the results as a graph in Crystal. I have
>searched for examples but found none. I would be grateful if someone threw
>light on the issue.

Sun, 22 Feb 2004 12:29:01 GMT
 Vb to Crystal
I have never done Crystal before so was in doubt. Thanks guys for your
answers.

Quote:
> I have a situation where I fetch data in VB but need to display it as a
> Crystal report. I don't know if this is possible at all with Crystal. In
> short, is it possible to bind data fetched in VB to a crystal report if so
> how ? I also need to display the results as a graph in Crystal. I have
> searched for examples but found none. I would be grateful if someone threw
> light on the issue.

Sun, 22 Feb 2004 16:09:12 GMT
 Vb to Crystal

Quote:
>I have a situation where I fetch data in VB but need to display it as a
>Crystal report.

Try using the Crystal Data Object (CDO). It is a fairly simple automation
server that can create rowset which can be used just like any other data
source for reporting. If you do a search at crystaldecisions.com on CDO you
should get some info.

Mon, 23 Feb 2004 09:55:13 GMT

1. vb .net crystal reports not compatible with Crystal Reports 8.5

2. Open VB Modal Crystal report from VB

3. VB and Crystal & using vb data

4. VB.net - Crystal Reports Login failure.

5. VB and Crystal Report

6. VB 3.0/Crystal -- no multiple lines?

7. VB 6.0, Crystal Reports, getting date/time from Oracle 8.0

8. VB and Crystal Reports Help

9. Bar coding factility in VB or Crystal Reports?

10. VB and Crystal Report

11. VB/ACCESS/CRYSTAL REPORTS PROGRAMMER ****Houston, TX

12. VB and Crystal Report : Selectionformula with date