Outlook macro security annoyance.
Author Message
 Outlook macro security annoyance.

Hi all,

I am sending out batch reports as a pdf attachment via email. However, for
each report that needs to be sent I get the message 'A program is trying to
access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow
this?', and then, 'A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your
behalf. Do you want to allow this?'. This is all fair enough, except that
I'm trying to send about 30-40 emails and it gets very annoying very
quickly. Is there any way of allowing my VB application to send emails
without bringing up these messages, but without disturbing the security
features of Outlook?
I think adding a digital signiture to my app might be the answer, but I
don't know much about this. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Al.

Fri, 30 Apr 2004 23:55:32 GMT
 Outlook macro security annoyance.
As far as I know there's no solution for it - otherwise the security
wouldn't work at all!
But if you find a way, let us know.

Cheers,

Bas

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I am sending out batch reports as a pdf attachment via email. However, for
> each report that needs to be sent I get the message 'A program is trying
> access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow
> this?', and then, 'A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on
your
> behalf. Do you want to allow this?'. This is all fair enough, except that
> I'm trying to send about 30-40 emails and it gets very annoying very
> quickly. Is there any way of allowing my VB application to send emails
> without bringing up these messages, but without disturbing the security
> features of Outlook?
> I think adding a digital signiture to my app might be the answer, but I
> don't know much about this. Any help would be much appreciated.
> Thanks in advance,

> Al.

Sat, 01 May 2004 22:27:16 GMT
 Outlook macro security annoyance.
Thats a problem coming from ms office. Because with updating MS Office to
the SP 1 the problem started... So as fare as I know you just can solve the
problem by deinstalling the MS Office Product and installing it new without
updating to SP 1 and SP 2 or updating to MS Office XP. Just have a look to a
outlook faq.

Joachim

"Bas" <no thanks> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Quote:
> As far as I know there's no solution for it - otherwise the security
> wouldn't work at all!
> But if you find a way, let us know.

> Cheers,

> Bas

Sun, 02 May 2004 21:20:46 GMT

1. outlook vba code loss bug & macro security

2. Running Outlook 2000 VB macros with high security.

3. Problems running Macro - Outlook Security Dialog Boxes Popping Up

4. I cannot access VB Editor or Security/Macro menu in Outlook

5. Annoying security Macros Enable/Disable when starting Outlook

6. disabling the macro security to execute a macro

7. disabling the macro security to execute a macro

8. disabling the macro security to execute a macro

9. Need Outlook macro to recurse outlook folders and create PDF file of each email

10. enable macros in outlook when outlook starts

11. Outlook2002 Security & Macro's

12. Security dialog when running local macros