Crystal 4.5: Keep together does not keep together...
Author Message
 Crystal 4.5: Keep together does not keep together...

I encountered the problem that a group-keep together still breaks up a
detail group over 2 pages. The group consists of 4-8 detail lines, so
nothing extreme.
Is this perhaps a bug in 4.5? Is it solved in version 7?

Thanks for your reply,
    Robert van Elst / AAABase

Tue, 04 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal 4.5: Keep together does not keep together...
Keep together is a bit problematic to understand. There are actually two
"Keep together" options. One is for a section and one is for the group. If
you have a section (this includes the detail) marked "Keep together" then
you will only see this if your report is formated with multiple lines for
each group or detail.

What you need to do is format the group with "Keep together" I don't know
exactly when this first appeared in crystal but it was in 5.0.

Right click on the group in the gray area on the left and select "Change
Group" there should be two check boxes one is "Keep Group Together" the
other is Repeat Group Header on each page. If they are not there then you
need to upgrade.

Wed, 05 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Crystal Reports "keep together"

2. Keep Together does not work ??

3. detail section keep together does not work

4. Problem: Keep Section Together not honoured...

5. Keeping rows together.

6. keeping chr's together

7. Keeping Data Together in a RichTextBox

8. RTB - keep lines together codes

9. CR 2.0 keeping group together on same page??

10. Print Sample DOC with Keep-Together

11. Keep Together in HTML

12. VB6 Report Keep Together Problem