Passing SQL Query in CR 8.5 Viewer
Author Message
 Passing SQL Query in CR 8.5 Viewer

With Crystal Report 8.5 when you use it
it is creating a form with the Active X control,
CRViewer.

How do we pass a SQL Query into the
CRViewer ?

This is the Query
SQlStr = "SELECT * FROM CONTACT ORDER BY COMPAGNIE"

This is the code in the second form :
CRViewer1.ReportSource = Report
CRViewer1.ViewReport

How can I pass the Query ?

Thanks.

Erik Laurin

Mon, 24 Nov 2003 05:11:12 GMT
 Passing SQL Query in CR 8.5 Viewer
Wow, I REALLY wish changing the query in the viewer is not possible !

Imagine : you've build a B2B web site with CR to deliver reports.  What you
suggest is that people reading your reports could change the queries and get
the results !
Let's go further : a client, just to look what's happening, tries to launch
'drop database' ... and it works because the DBA is a dummy

In fact, it is not possible, because the CRViewer just shows data sent by
the web server, and send requests to it. The requests contains only
something like 'give me the page X of the report Y'.

Quote:
> With Crystal Report 8.5 when you use it
> it is creating a form with the Active X control,
> CRViewer.

> How do we pass a SQL Query into the
> CRViewer ?

> This is the Query
> SQlStr = "SELECT * FROM CONTACT ORDER BY COMPAGNIE"

> This is the code in the second form :
> CRViewer1.ReportSource = Report
> CRViewer1.ViewReport

> How can I pass the Query ?

> Thanks.

> Erik Laurin

Sat, 29 Nov 2003 23:41:02 GMT

1. CR 8.5 viewer not working in VB .NET??

2. Problems passing recordset to CR 8.5

3. CR 8.5 and SQL connection

4. DNS'less connection CR 8.5 to SQL 7.0 - 2000

5. Output to Microsoft SQL Server (CR 8.5)

6. SQL Server 2000 + CR 8.5

7. CR 8.5 and CR from VS.Net package

8. Decimal Place problem after Upgrading from CR 6 to CR 8.5

9. CR 8 and CR 8.5

10. Using a dll that referenced CR 8.5 files on a machine that has CR 8.0

11. CR Viewer runs query twice? Any Ideas

12. Crystal Viewer 8.5