CR8 and VB: Where is the CR ActiveX control??
Author Message
 CR8 and VB: Where is the CR ActiveX control??

Hi, I am familiar with CR that came bundled in VB CD but lastly, I realize
that it can't open Acces2000 database. Therefore, I bought CR8 and started
learning to get familiar with all its new features.

The problem is, how do I open the report designed in CR8 from VB? I tried
looking in the help file but it lacks info on VB. In the component list,
there are 3 Crystal Report components which doesn't have any hekp file for
reference.

Can anyone tell me where the CR ActiveX control is??

Thanks

Sat, 29 Nov 2003 10:20:18 GMT
 CR8 and VB: Where is the CR ActiveX control??
I use the crDesigner to build the report.   Which has an option of bring in
a .rpt file.   Then use  the crviewer to view the report in app.   To setup
the designer if I recall go to components to add the then designer tab and
check the crystal designer.  From there you can add a report.  For help look
in the program directory.   There are a bunch of help files there.

Good Luck

Quote:
> Hi, I am familiar with CR that came bundled in VB CD but lastly, I realize
> that it can't open Acces2000 database. Therefore, I bought CR8 and started
> learning to get familiar with all its new features.

> The problem is, how do I open the report designed in CR8 from VB? I tried
> looking in the help file but it lacks info on VB. In the component list,
> there are 3 crystal report components which doesn't have any hekp file for
> reference.

> Can anyone tell me where the CR ActiveX control is??

> Thanks

Sat, 29 Nov 2003 12:16:24 GMT
 CR8 and VB: Where is the CR ActiveX control??
sadly, there's no any crystal report option in project->components->designer
tab. By the way, I'm using Crystal Report 8.0 Pro

Quote:
> I use the crDesigner to build the report.   Which has an option of bring
in
> a .rpt file.   Then use  the crviewer to view the report in app.   To
setup
> the designer if I recall go to components to add the then designer tab and
> check the crystal designer.  From there you can add a report.  For help
look
> in the program directory.   There are a bunch of help files there.

> Good Luck

> > Hi, I am familiar with CR that came bundled in VB CD but lastly, I
realize
> > that it can't open Acces2000 database. Therefore, I bought CR8 and
started
> > learning to get familiar with all its new features.

> > The problem is, how do I open the report designed in CR8 from VB? I
tried
> > looking in the help file but it lacks info on VB. In the component list,
> > there are 3 crystal report components which doesn't have any hekp file
for
> > reference.

> > Can anyone tell me where the CR ActiveX control is??

> > Thanks

Sat, 29 Nov 2003 13:42:03 GMT
 CR8 and VB: Where is the CR ActiveX control??
In your controls tab right click and add components.   This where you add
any new control to your project.  Once that screen pops up go to the
designer tab and add crystal should be in the list if you got it.  Sadly I
must admit I have not used PRO I have developer and this might be the
difference witch if thats the case you may need to get another copy.

Currently  here am using VB6 sp5 with Crystal 8.5 Dev.

Good Luck

Quote:
> sadly, there's no any crystal report option in

project->components->designer
Quote:
> tab. By the way, I'm using Crystal Report 8.0 Pro

> > I use the crDesigner to build the report.   Which has an option of bring
> in
> > a .rpt file.   Then use  the crviewer to view the report in app.   To
> setup
> > the designer if I recall go to components to add the then designer tab
and
> > check the crystal designer.  From there you can add a report.  For help
> look
> > in the program directory.   There are a bunch of help files there.

> > Good Luck

> > > Hi, I am familiar with CR that came bundled in VB CD but lastly, I
> realize
> > > that it can't open Acces2000 database. Therefore, I bought CR8 and
> started
> > > learning to get familiar with all its new features.

> > > The problem is, how do I open the report designed in CR8 from VB? I
> tried
> > > looking in the help file but it lacks info on VB. In the component
list,
> > > there are 3 crystal report components which doesn't have any hekp file
> for
> > > reference.

> > > Can anyone tell me where the CR ActiveX control is??

> > > Thanks

Sat, 29 Nov 2003 23:49:18 GMT
 CR8 and VB: Where is the CR ActiveX control??
I think you might need developer edition.  It looks like you will be missing
Crystl32.OCX and CRXDDT.DLL which are the two main ways to integrate CR and
VB.

I've got some notes in Crystal Clear on VB/Cr integration.  We'll be
covering the RDC next month, and have done some items on the OCX in the last
few issues. Email me for details or download back issues from
www.chelseatech.co.nz/pubs.htm .  The OCx was covered in the 2000 issues, so
you won't need to go back prior, unless you see something in the index you
like.

Quote:
> In your controls tab right click and add components.   This where you add
> any new control to your project.  Once that screen pops up go to the
> designer tab and add crystal should be in the list if you got it.  Sadly I
> must admit I have not used PRO I have developer and this might be the
> difference witch if thats the case you may need to get another copy.

> Currently  here am using VB6 sp5 with Crystal 8.5 Dev.

> Good Luck

> > sadly, there's no any crystal report option in
> project->components->designer
> > tab. By the way, I'm using Crystal Report 8.0 Pro

> > > I use the crDesigner to build the report.   Which has an option of
bring
> > in
> > > a .rpt file.   Then use  the crviewer to view the report in app.   To
> > setup
> > > the designer if I recall go to components to add the then designer tab
> and
> > > check the crystal designer.  From there you can add a report.  For
help
> > look
> > > in the program directory.   There are a bunch of help files there.

> > > Good Luck

> > realize
> > started

> > tried
> list,
> > for

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 16:30:59 GMT

1. CR Automation Server vs CR ActiveX Controls ?

2. CR8 upgrade to VB 6 CR 4.6 ?

3. CR activeX control in VB 5.0

4. Using CR for VS.NET and CR8.5

5. CR 6 to CR8 upgrade - report becomes invisible?

6. Upgrade from CR 7 to CR8

7. Where am i going wrong??? ActiveX Control

8. Embedding licensed ActiveX Controls within a VB ActiveX Control

9. VB6 CR control and ActiveX Designer Run Time

10. CR ActiveX Control: Report is not displayed and no errormessage

11. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

12. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control