Crystal Enterprise Exports to Excel 5 format instead of Excel 7
Author Message
 Crystal Enterprise Exports to Excel 5 format instead of Excel 7

I have found that when I export a report from the Crystal Enterprise
server in my company, whether I use the Active X control or the
Cyrstal Offline viewer, the report exports into Excel 5 format. This
sometimes gives an error from the Active X viewer like "u2fxls:5 is
not supported on pageserver".

I paid for a support incident with Crystal but they were unable to
resolve the issue. All they had me do was (repeatedly) uninstall
Crystal and reinstall it and apply all of the latest patches.

I am not an expert, here but I have a few theories.

1) The initial install of Crystal Enterprise installs Excel 5 export
files, and these somehow never get overwritten with the updates.
2) There is a registry setting that forces Crystal to export to Excel
5
3) The problem is on the workstation, where the viewer installs the
Excel 5 dlls and never replaces them

I have this problem on Windows 2000 Workstation, Windows 2000 server,
I have Office 2000 installed on the workstations. I have tried
exporting to Crystal Reports format from the Active X viewer then open
in it the off line viewer, I choose Excel 7 format from the choices
and export again. This allows me to export, but when I open the file
in Excel, I get a message that the file was saved in Excel 5 format,
do I want to convert it?

Whatever the cause, it is clear that the exports are happening in
Excel 5 format and updates from Crystal are not fixing the problem. I
have seen numerous postings on Google groups with similar problems,
but to date no resolutions. It has been over 18 months.

There must be a simple explaination, perhaps a setting in the Windows
2000 registry.

But, I can't find it. Can anyone help with this?

Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:02:02 GMT
 Crystal Enterprise Exports to Excel 5 format instead of Excel 7
Force your viewer to use crxf_xls as opposed to u2fxls.

Quote:

Sun, 23 Oct 2005 02:54:17 GMT

1. export crystal report to excel 5.0 tabular format

2. Crystal Enterprise 9 creates Excel Reports without Gridlines

3. Export data to Excel/Text format

4. Export to Excel with Special Formatting

5. OutputTo function in Access97 exports data in an older Excel format

6. Cannot EXPORT to Excel in 97 format

7. Export outlook address book or contact to excel format

8. Exporting the wrong e-mail format to Excel.

9. Export an Access Table to Excel File Format

10. Export to (Save As) Excel format without OLE

11. Toolbar button to export contacts into excel format.

12. Exporting a recordset to excel-format