How can I store relative database path in report
Author Message
 How can I store relative database path in report

Hi all,

How can I create a report that will allow me to save the relative location
of a database.  I may want to put the database the report accesses in
different places on client machines.  Mainly if it is in a c or a d   drive.

Can I create a memory variable in the report or something that will access
something that is set in the autoexec.bat

set dbpath = c:\data              or
set dbpath = d:\data

Frank

Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I store relative database path in report
Hi Frank,

The best way to do this is when you open the report in the Report Designer, go
to Database | Set Location.  You will have an option for Same as Report.  Click
this and the report will alway's look for the database in the same directory the
RPT file is in.

The only other way would be through code and using the DataFiles property with
the OCX, PESetNthTableLocation with the API or similar methods with whichever
control you are using the call the reports from VB.

--
Sincerely,
Brian Dong

To reply, remove nospam from the address.

Quote:

> Hi all,

> How can I create a report that will allow me to save the relative location
> of a database.  I may want to put the database the report accesses in
> different places on client machines.  Mainly if it is in a c or a d   drive.

> Can I create a memory variable in the report or something that will access
> something that is set in the autoexec.bat

> set dbpath = c:\data              or
> set dbpath = d:\data

> Frank

Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Crystal Reports - relative path in report file name

2. Relative database path

3. Parsing an HTML Document - Change Relative paths to fully qualified paths

4. Best method of determining path, relative path and/or flie name

5. convert absolut path to relative path

6. Creating relative directory path given fully-qualified path

7. Crystal Reports Canned Code

8. Storing Images OR Paths in SQL server database

9. Flexible or relative path for import

10. Error trying to set relative path on linked powerpoint presentation

11. I want absolute path in hyperlinks and linked pitures (word makes them relative)

12. Relative Path to Access DB in VB.NET